001 | Returning Home

── ⚡ ──

── ⚡ ──

To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that? Good. You see, this story is about the impossible. My name is Haylee Brager. And I know the fastest man alive. His name is Barry Allen.

Our stories are pretty simple. Our whole lives we've been running, Barry usually running from bullies. However, I ran from the truth. Sometimes we'd escape but sometimes we didn't. But one night everything changed for both of us, a new world of impossible that wouldn't be the dream we thought it would be.

But let's start at the beginning, when I decided to stop running. Get comfortable, grab your snacks and prepare the tissues and tunes because this story will be a ride.

── ⚡ ──

"Excitement fills the science era as we are two days away from the start-up of Dr Harrison Wells and his team's, Particle Accelerator," The radio announcer spoke as the car followed along the highway before turning off down a street. "Dr Harrison Wells has expressed his joy about this life-changing moment, he is beyond ready for a new - as he said in his own words - "Era of meta-science" and we too, feel the same," The announcer continued before the radio shut off.

Haylee Brager climbed out of her jeep with a small smile resting on her face as she looked up to the two-story house before her. She was a college graduate and with her new PhD, she decided to return home to Central City. She grabbed her duffel bag and handbag from her car before heading up to the door, sticking the key in and turning it with anticipation. She smiled widely as the door opened to reveal her furnished home just the way she wanted it, endless photos with friends and family decorated the walls.

Haylee placed her keys in the bowl by the door before heading upstairs to the master bedroom, she threw her bag onto the window seat before face-planting her soft bed. Moving houses was always an exhausting task but Haylee was beyond glad she decided to hire her college friend to do the interior design of the house with a random amount of money. Lydia was good at her job and Haylee had no regrets about asking the fashionista/interior designer for help.

Pushing herself off of the bed, Haylee changed out of her travel clothes which consisted of sweatpants, a random Star Wars shirt and a random jacket with her ugg boots. She slipped on a black long-sleeved shirt before pulling on a green plaid skirt, her shirt tucked into the skirt. She looked over to her shoe rack and decided on some black ankle booties and a leather jacket over the shirt. She ran her fingers through her hair before grabbing her handbag, checking to ensure her purse and phone was inside before grabbing her keys.

✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*

With one destination in mind, Haylee anxiously climbed into her car and drove through the familiar streets of Central City. She pulled up across the road from a familiar cafe, her heart was racing as she climbed out of her jeep and quickly crossed the road. Standing within a short distance, Iris West was serving a customer with her usual kind smile and bright curious eyes. Haylee was nervous to see one of her best friends again but she knew better than to avoid Iris West.