36.....Moving forward

[Jin’s pov]

“No! That's not true! I know you know that's not true!” I yell back.

“No. You were! You did! You left me here!” she cried.

“You left me all alone! You used my quirk on me to make me stay! You left me behind!” 

I felt the lump in my throat grow and my eyes were watering. 

“Y/n, you know I didn't mea-” I start.

YOU BROKE OUR PROMISE JIN!!!” she cried.

[your pov]

“YOU BROKE OUR PROMISE JIN!!!” you cried.

“Y/n you know I would never do that to you!” he said. 

“Okay. I think that's enough,” Kirishima says, standing up out of his chair and walking over to the two of you. He pulled you towards him and looked directly at Jin.

“Stay out of this Red,” Jin huffed out. 

Kirishima stood there not moving, just staring at Jin.

“Y/n please.... You know that I would never,” he panicked, “I could never! I love you! You know that! Why would I leave you behind when I need you so much!” he bargained. 

You look at him with teary eyes. Yes you knew that he probably couldn't leave you in such a way, but he still let himself get caught. And he still gave up everything that the two of you could have planned. You honestly wish that you had just run off to America when he had asked you to, when he begged you to go with him.

“Y/n please!” he was crying, “Please please believe me!” he got down on his knees and bowed to you. He was on the filthy floor asking for you forgiveness. He had never done this before. In fact you entire lives he had never formally apologised to anyone like this. 

“Y/n please,” he cried, “I’m so so sorry! Please believe me!” This sight absolutely destroyed your heart. It made your heart ache, and made you regret every thought you ever had about him wanting to leave you behind.

“I think you can leave now Jin,” Kirishima said in a mildly irritated tone.

“He can stay. I was overreacting, he’s sorry,” you say while walking out from behind Kirishima. You knelt on the ground next to Jin and rubbed the back of his head that was still resting on his clasped  hands.

“It's ok Jin. I’m sorry for thinking that you would ever leave me behind like that,” you say softly. He raised his head to look at you, tears ran down his face and snot dripped out of his nose. You felt your eyes tear up, and you let out a short breathy huff of air.

“Ewww, look at you! You have snot all over your face,” you say jokingly while you squish his cheeks together. You give him a sympathetic smile. Once you told him what he had once told you, he let out a shaky laugh. 

“Shut up,,” he laughed, he sat up and hugged you tight. You looked over at Kirishima and gave him a gentle smile but you could tell that he was not pleased with Jin being here. You turned your attention back to Jin and you hugged him back, tightle. And then a thought was pushed into your mind. 

“Wait a minute. Jin, what ARE you doing here?” you asked, a bit shocked.

“Uh,” he rubbed the back of his neck and wiped his face with his shirt, “I was given a really, interesting, option to get out of all the shit I did. They did a background check on me and that one hero with the scarf didn't really give me any other options that would let me see you, besides joining his class and starting training. I still need to do some extra classes and work since I didn't get a good highschool education, but it’ll be fine if you're by my side, and I’ll still be able to protect you and stay with you,” he explained.