TWELVE. agonizing

Start from the beginning

She had a few tears rolling down her cheeks, and it saddened him. He lifted his hands and placed both of his palms on her cheeks, wiping the tears away with his thumbs. "I'm so sorry. I know what it's like. You're a very strong person." She looked up at him, a smile on her face as she leaned into his touch. He turned to look at the timer again. It was down to seven minutes already. He bit his lip before turning back to her.

"Listen, I know what you're going to say, but please just take my marbles." She frowned once again, grabbing his wrist and shaking her head. "N—."

"Yes." He stared at her. "You deserve to win. You should get that money and get your sister a proper memorial. You should be able to live your life how you want." She pursed her lips, tears starting to fall out of her eyes again.

"No. I don't care what you have to say. I don't want to live my life how I want it if this is how it's going to go. I will not listen to what you have to say." She shook her head as she spoke, denying everything that was coming out of his mouth.

"Seulg—." She placed her finger on his mouth, glaring at him. "Don't. You deserve to get out of here just as much as anyone else." She finished, not wavering on her choice. Minjun felt something growing in the pit of his stomach and his throat felt like it was closing. He closed his eyes, not realizing that a tear fell.

Seulgi immediately put a hand on the back of his head and pulled him into a hug, his face buried in the crook of her neck. He didn't realize he was crying until he felt like he was choking. He wrapped his arms around her quickly, grabbing a handful of her jacket. "I'm sorry." He managed to say.

"What? Why are you sorry?" She pulled away from the hug and placed her hand on his cheek, lifting his head so he was looking at her. He furrowed his eyebrows, swallowing back more tears. "I don't know what to do this time around." He admitted, sniffling. "The past few games, I've had a general idea on how to survive, but I'm absolutely fucking clueless here." He felt the tears start to dry up on his face.

Seulgi gave him a comforting smile. She looked behind him at the timer and then the guard. Three minutes was the time they left. The guard was just staring at the two completely emotionless, despite the very emotional scene happening in front of him.

She looked at the pouch at her side, swallowing thickly. She pulled him back into a hug, grabbing the pouch. "You shouldn't apologize. It's okay. We'll figure this out." She told him. She moved her gaze to the side where her hand was, all of her marbles in the pouch.

She closed her eyes, tears swelling up in her eyes once again as she rubbed Minjun's back with her other hand, occasionally running her fingers through his hair. Her eyes kept darting back and forth between the timer and the pouch in her hands. When the timer got down to one minute, she stealthily placed her pouch in Minjun's pocket.

He wouldn't have felt the weight of the marbles because his pocket was already lying on the ground. "Minjun, let me ask the guard something really quick." Minjun nodded his head slowly, letting go of the woman.

She looked at him in the eyes, smiling softly, before she got up and walked towards the guard. "He has all twenty marbles."

When Minjun heard this, he felt his heart sink. He frantically stuck his hands in his pockets, pulling out both pouches with tears in his eyes.

He pushed himself off the ground quickly, turning to look at Seulgi and the guard. "No fucking way. Take the marbles back." He almost shouted. She turned to look at him, tears falling from her cheeks as she once again gave him a soft smile. "I know we just met, but... I love you." Minjun felt his heart shatter.

"Now look away." She continued to smile at him as the guard placed the gun to the side of her head. Minjun let out a shaky breath, closing his eyes tightly as the trigger was pulled and the gun was set off.

      A few moments later, he opened his eyes. Only this time, Seulgi wasn't in front of him. He hesitantly moved his gaze to the ground. He only caught a glimpse of her hair before he actually realized what the fuck had just happened. He choked back a sob as the guard started to push him to the exit.

      He already had tears falling from his eyes once again, ignoring everything else that was happening around him. His mind was only set in one place. Seulgi. She was all he could think about.

      He swallowed thickly, almost choking at how tight his throat felt. The guard continued to push him like a ragdoll, eventually getting him through the exit and leading him into the room full of beds. The time that it took to get there was absolutely excruciating to Minjun. By this point, all emotion had seemed to leave his body.

His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, his hair was messed up, and he had tear-stained cheeks. Anyone that looked at him knew that he wasn't okay.

Without a word to anybody, he made his way to his bed, lying face up and just staring at the ceiling. "Fuck." He muttered, covering his face with his hands.

"I love you too..."

NOTES FROM NIRVANA

BRO FUCK ME
i'm in so much pain rn i didn't want to kill either of them off but here we are </3
can you hear my sobs?????