Chapter 1: Crusade

Liana is walking the streets of Paris with her camera in her hand taking pictures

Liana is walking the streets of Paris with her camera in her hand taking pictures. Then she takes a picture of two little schoolgirls and then says, "Merci." As Liana is walking, she sees posters of Lex's face and guys are wolf whistling at her. Liana smiles confidently, until to bumps into a guy and the guy says, "Oh! Sorry. You're American, right?" Liana says, "Yes." The guy says, "Great. Can I ask you a big favor?" Liana says, "Sure. As long as it doesn't get me arrested." The guy says, "No, I-I'm supposed to meet my, uh, my girlfriend here. Well, she's not really my girlfriend. Even though we spend every waking moment together. See, we met two ago months ago today on this exact street corner and-and I brought her something to mark the occasion. I wanted to get your opinion." Liana says, "Alright." The guy says, "Okay." He pulls out a helmet and Liana nods and says, "Well, I think that would probably be the last thing she would be expecting." The guy says, "It doesn't really scream romance, does it? But see, the first time we met, I was driving by on my Vespa and I-I clipped her. She thought I was gonna steal her purse. So, she kicked me off my bike. I messed up an old football injury, and then she spent five hours with me at the hospital and we just clicked." Liana smiles and says, "Well, it sounds like love at first crash." The guy says, "Yeah, well, for me it was, anyway, but I'm just an impulsive kind of guy." Liana says, "Well, how does she feel?" The guy says, "I don't know. She doesn't really talk about it. I think she, uh, she got hurt by somebody but maybe she needs to talk about it." Liana nods with a smile and says, "Well, uh, nothin' says, "I love you" like a motorcycle helmet." The guy says, "Yeah, it's, uh, it's for a weekend trip to Nice is she's... if she's interested." Liana says, "If a guy did something that romantic for me, I'd think I'd have to kiss him." The guy says, "Yeah?" Liana smiles and says, "Yeah." Liana places her hand on his face and softly kisses him. Liana pulls away with a smile and says, "I'd love to go to Nice with you, Jason." Jason says, "Happy anniversary, Liana." Jason then kisses Liana again with a smile on his face. 

The next day, Liana's in a church

The next day, Liana's in a church. As Liana is walking, Jason grabs her and pulls her against the wall to kiss her. Liana pulls away from Jason says, "Jason, stop it, we are in a church." Jason says, "Okay, my girlfriend invites me to some old crypt for some brass rubbing. I-I thought that was code for something else." Liana softly laughs and says, "Mr. Teague, you have a dirty mind." Jason says, "But I have a pure heart." As Jason leans to kiss Liana, Liana turns away and slightly groans. Jason says, "Okay, fine, I'll stop if you tell me why we're here." Liana walks over and says, "For her. Countess Marget Isabelle Theroux. It says here she was a-a warrior princess who fought a lot of people and broke a lot of hearts." Jason says, "Why do you want to know about her?" Liana says, "Because me and her have some things in common. We're both strong, confident, and fearless." Jason says, "Don't forget beautiful." Liana softly smiles and shakes her head and says, "Okay, the church closes in hour." Jason says, "Okay, have fun." As Jason goes to leave, Liana says, "Wait, where are you going?" Jason looks at Liana and says, "I have a hot date to plan for tomorrow. Somebody failed to mention it was their birthday." Liana says, "Who told you?" Jason smirks and says, "Lana." Liana softly scoffs and says, "Of course she told. Look, Jason, I don't expect--" Jason says, "Oops! Stop talking. Start rubbing. By the way, festivities begin at 10am tomorrow at the Cafe de Fleurie." People then start shushing at him and he leaves. Liana softly laughs and says, "All right. Okay." Liana takes out a paper and places it over Isabelle and starts shading her onto the paper. Then she notices a symbol and touches it and sees a bright light go in her body. The next day, Liana wakes up to pounding on her door. Liana gets up with the sheet around her body, since she's naked and goes to open the door. Liana opens the door and see Jason, Jason says, "What's goin' on? You were supposed to meet me at 10. It's now 12. Are you okay?" Liana breathes heavily and softly says, "Yeah, I-I don't know how I got here. I, I must've passed out. I'll meet you downstairs." Liana then closes the door on Jason and is confused on what happened at the church. Then she takes a shower and tries to remember what happened, but she can't remember a thing. Liana then gets out of the shower and grabs a towel. Then she notices the symbol she saw when she was sketching Isabelle on her lower back.