Part 9

"William Dougherty, William Dougherty,
About the same age as high school Betty,
Still in the 7th grade, still in the same class,
Getting arrested and punishments on his ass."

William was as psychotic as the wreck who led to this. His anger made him blind, his rage made him deaf and his cold surrounding made his nose numb.
He was planning.
Every step.
He had decided.
Aiden would be dead before the holidays begin.
Or he will keep on trying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aiden was in the classroom, and was getting enough attention from everyone for saving Sally. All the kids and all the teachers liked him and he was no longer the psychotic wreck he was once thought to be. He was now a hero.
"They love me." He thinks. He made his way to the class room, and there. There, he couldn't see Sally anywhere.
Sally was not here. She was at home. And she was going to be at home until the holidays. The assault had taught the Bakers that William is not someone to be taken lightly. Actually, her mom was going to accompany her everywhere she goes. She also had six rounds in a gun with her.
Sally was going to be safe. But Aiden. Aiden was at the twilight of happiness and fear.
The note.....
Aiden was scared. He ran home as soon as school ended. Straight home. Didn't even look anywhere else. He swore he saw William in the corner of his eye. The plump sulky boy was no longer a joke.
He was now a monster.
Aiden sat on his bed. Here he felt the most safe. Mom and dad were downstairs. Here his breathing calmed. And here was Lauren.
Her face was bright, to him.
She sat down next to him and Aiden started.
"Lauren, you know that boy whom i fought off, William?"
-_-
"He's trying to kill me now. I'm scared. What do I do? God, think up of something."
Aiden's hands shook. His next words broke up before they could form a sentence.
'I no ex-act-actly w-wh-what t-to d-do. I-i-ill stop going to s-s-c-hool. I'll s-s-sit h-e-er apane p-play g-games. Aa-as l-long a-as i-i h-have t-t-to. It's g-g-on-a b-be a f-fun t-time L-lauren.' Aiden sounded like a nervous wreck again. That was finished ages ago.
._.
A look of concern, finally some emotion showed up on Lauren's pale face. Like the last time, she opened her mouth to speak. And left it open. She could have been a good mumble rapper.
But this time, her words were less unintelligible.
"Ront arry, Airan. Aie no a plase wayre be Kan haeeedi yau."
This was making more sense than a Cardi B music video.
Aiden was surprised. He was also happy.
"You can speak, English?"
"Yaes, I larnt eet fram yu"
Something good. Finally, the day would not be all bad. Joy washed over Aiden, or, as she says it, Airen.
Fuck William, and they both started chatting like an actual pair of siblings. Sometimes her words were a little hard for him, but all the words she used were learnt from him only.
"So dat ij haw yu plaey mareo Bros." Aiden was playing Mario Bros and she watched on.
Then they played cards. He taught her that as well. Lauren drew on an ace to make it a two of spades.
"That's cheating."
"Waht's chiting?"
It was a fun time.
But all good things must come to an end.
William was once again clouding his mind. The plump sulky boy.
The plump sulky boy who was determined to kill him.
The plump sulky boy who was a monster.
Aiden immediately changed the topic. He immediately went back to being the nervous wreck.
"Lauren, you were talking a-about some place, where you can h-hide m-e?"
Lauren's newfound joyous face immediately changed back to the pale and expressionless one. She nodded. He picked her up, asking her to show the way.
"Yu donot nid to pik mi up. I ll fallow yu."
Aiden, confused, took her with him to the garage and then boarded his cycle.
He tried to get Lauren to sit with him on the cycle, but she insisted that she can follow. Aiden wasn't sure of that, but he decided to trust her.
Breathing heavily, he cycled out. As he left the lane he saw something.
Or someone. Not in the corner of his eye.
In front of him.

Lauren had seemingly teleported near to Aiden, and she stood in front of him, shocking him so badly he came to a halt and dropped on the ground.
"Oh gosh, oh my god, You scared me, Lauren! I was about to run you over!"
"Is runnig ovar someone harmfuul?"
"Of course!"
"You nid nt warry. You wan nt harm mi."
"You almost gave me a heart attack! Try to, you know, not appear right in front of me."
"Shud aie apear beehind you?"
"No! That's equally scary! Try appearing, a short distance from me, in any direction you want."
"Okae"
Aiden, at this moment, was enough scared to back off. His room is a cosy safehouse. He has a phone and a computer to play games. He will be near his parents. Why to leave all of that for a place he didn't even know about? Not to mention it was night.
He cycled back home. He went to his room. Lauren followed. She lied down beside him, like she always does, silently. Aiden had a hard time falling asleep.

William was looking at him, dead in the eye. Aiden couldn't move, not even for the sake of his life. Not a finger twitched. Ropes cut into his flesh. The light was dim. William shot a bullet. Not to his head.
To his stomach.
The pain coursed through Aiden as blood came.
The next one, his jaw.
His mouth was filling with blood, and his lower jaw broke apart into two suspended pieces.
Then, his neck.
Rendering him unable to cry, Aiden wanted to die, more than anything.
But the retribution was not near.
His balls were next.
A bullet through both of them made Aiden lose all hope. He even stopped crying out.
The next one was aimed at his lungs.
His breathing, drowned in his own blood.
His will to live, vanished.
Finally, it was coming. A bullet to the head.
But the bullet never hit him.
He wanted it to.
He shouted out, "Shoot me in the head and kill me already!"
No one was there. Not even William. He looked around with groggy eyes.
He was in his room. It was all a dream.
A dream that he hated to come true.