Foreword

This book is a work of fan-written fiction inspired by Supernatural (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(American_TV_series)). 

..::~*~::..

I began watching Supernatural on a Netflix suggestion during the long pandemic hours at home in 2021. I didn't think I'd like it, honestly. It seemed campy, its only purpose to highlight sexy men and sexier women. I won't deny that my first impressions have held, but the show has a certain charm and a sense of humor that has made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion. It cannot resist poking fun at itself! When the first episode referenced The X-Files, my obsession in the nineties, I decided that I would give it a try, and then the references kept sneaking in ("You ever been struck by lightning? It ain't fun."). Then I noticed how often the Winchesters came through Colorado, my current home, and how often they also visited South Dakota, my childhood home. It was like a personal tap on the shoulder.

Season four, in particular, piqued my interest with its introduction of angels, and that is how this What If came to be. It takes place between S04 E15, "Death Takes a Holiday" and S4 E16, "On the Head of a Pin." I meant it to be its own #MonsterOfTheWeek #Casefic episode, but I think it branched into a pitch for an animated film that would probably be called Supernatural: THE MOVIE.

I wasn't going to write another fanfic, especially since I'm so terrible at completing those I start. Also, I haven't finished watching the TV series (at the time of writing this, I am in the midst of S10). But then I started hearing about angels in my music. Like, all the time. Then I got a fortune in a fortune cookie. Angels are among us. I couldn't ignore the idea any longer.

Of course, what is a Supernatural fanfic without a playlist? You can listen to mine at https://tinyurl.com/amongustunes.

I want to mention some friends, fellow fans, and reviewers for welcoming me into the #SPNFamily, their glorious encouragement, their kind but honest critique, helping me work through the rough spots (many, many times), providing valuable research-type information, a title for a collection of oneshots, a forgotten name for a demon, or just joining me in a geek-out session: allurasgrace, background-chan, CeciandJack, Darwin, happyperson42, IHeartSPN, JaniceC678, Kharybdis, m@g1c0, Melia, MiMiMargot, Momochan77, Moonlight Willows, ncsupnatfan, ooooooo, rachelc, St4r.Hunter, Topkicker26, Tirjasdyn, trendykitty, Xxtoushirou, YaoiLovinKitsune, and Zevon Price.

Special thanks go to my mother, Sylvia Wensing, and my friend, skorp, for the amazing beta work they did on this project. Every suggestion made my writing stronger, and for that, I can't thank either of them enough. (Love you, Mama!)

I also want to thank Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Robert Wisdom, Katherine Boecher, Jim Beaver, Traci Dinwiddie, Julie McNiven, Genevieve Padalecki, Christopher Heyerdahl, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lindsey McKeon, Alona Tal, and Rob Benedict for unknowingly letting me borrow against their work. Creator Eric Kripke and the show's various producers, including The X-Files veterans Kim Manners (1951 – 2009) and John Shiban, for bringing us this universe to play in. And all the marvelous SPN directors and screenwriters and crew who made us love, made us hate, made us laugh, and made us cry. It's my first time writing this type of story, one based on real actors rather than video game characters or cartoons. Kinda mystery, kinda grown-up. It's all new to me, but I hope you have as much fun with it as I did.

4/8/2021—8/9/2022

Lastly, I want to thank the amazing people at Wattpad for their acceptance of Among Us: A Supernatural Novel to the #Wattys2022 Shortlist!

https://www.wattpad.com/list/1344434356-2022-watty-awards-shortlist

10/19/2022

P.S. Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT! Shares and adds are always nice, too. <3 I live for these things! And thank you!

image credit: TeePublic