Chapter 1

The year is 1984.

"Elizabeth!" I heard people shout my name as I walked down the street. That's the price of fame your never really left alone. Your always followed. "Liza!" I heard that familiar voice and nickname. I smiled knowing it was my best friend Michael Jackson. Yup the one and only. "Hey Mike!" I said he smiled in response.

"Paparazzi getting to you again?" He questioned I nodded. "They've been at me all day." I said with a sigh. "Something else is bothering you Liza; what is it?" Michael questioned I looked up into his chocolate brown eyes. My eyes suddenly became a pool of tears. "Liza; tell me" Michael said he stopped and grabbed my shoulders.

"Michael; I-I have cancer." I mumbled his face softened. Im African American with somewhat dark skin. I have Grey eyes and long black curly hair I'm also 5'5. "Liza I'm so so sorry." Michael said pulling me into a hug.

"Have you told anyone else?" Michael asked I nodded "I told my parents and my entire family along with a few other friends. Including you." I replied he nodded.

"What do you have to do now? You have a tour in six months." Michael asked "Well I told all of them they said they would cut the tour down to three months and it would start after my first chemo treatment."

Michael nodded "that's good; why don't you come to Havenhurst with me?" Michael asked I nodded. "Alright let's go." Is all Michael said then we were off to Havenhurst.

(At Havenhurst)

"Hello mother" Michael said as we walked in. "Hello Mrs. Jackson." I said she replied with "Elizabeth you know you can call me mama K." I nodded with a smile.

"Do you want to tell her?" Michael asked I nodded. "Mother, Elizabeth needs to tell you something." Michael said she turned around to face the both of us and nodded.

"Well mama K; I-I have c-cancer." I stuttered she dropped the plate in her hand in which it fell to the floor and broke. She ran over to hug me.

"I'm sorry Elizabeth, when did you find out?" She asked. "Today before we came here." As soon as I said that I heard multiple gasps come from behind me.

"You have cancer?" I heard Janet's voice I turned around to see her and the rest of the Jackson's standing their. "Y-yes I-I d-do" I replied Janet came running over and hugged me.

"What type of cancer?" She questioned. "Breast cancer stage 2." Janet let me go she looked at me. She seemed almost confused but angry at the same time.

She wasn't angry with me she is angry with God. She is confused as to how this happened to me and why it did.

(Later that day; dinner with the Jackson's)

"How could that happen?" Janet asked I shrugged "doctors don't even know." I replied we heard the news on the TV and went to go see what it was about.

"Singer Elizabeth Johnson was diagnosed with cancer today. Causing her tour to be post poned." They said.

I felt my eyes start to fill with tears. "How did they find out?" I yelled Janet turned to look at me. "Eliza; calm down-" Janet got cut off by the TV.

"Elizabeth was seen last with Michael Jackson crying." They said "our camera crew was able to catch some of their conversation." Theh said again.

"Here's some of the audio. 'Michael I-I have cancer' she clearly mumbled it to Michael Jackson his response was 'Liza, I'm so so sorry' then they both walked away." I ran over to the phone and called the news station.

"Hello?" The same lady replied. "Hello; this is Elizabeth Johnson." I replied "Oh hello Elizabeth!" She greeted. "I want you to know that by you leaking out that I have cancer to the entire world without my permission. Can and will cost you your career." I snarled

"I'm sor-" "no you've already done the fucking damage don't apologize now. Save it for the judge." I said and then hung up calling the court house and my lawyer after.

(Later in the evening)

"Liza; calm down" Michael said I turned to look at him. "Calm Down?! No; they invaded my privacy and my life!" I yelled back at him he was only trying to help me out.

(Back at Elizabeth's house)

"Please sit down Liza; well figure something out." Michael begged I nodded and sat down. "What's What's I going to do Michael?" I asked tears running down my face.

"Hold on" Michael said he walked over to my record collection. "What are you doing?" I asked he just hushed me. I heard the intro to 'I Should've Been A Cowboy' by Toby Keith.

(Author: I don't know when the song came out. So just imagine for this one Thank you!)

I smiled at Michael he knows me so well. "Michael" I giggled as he was making faces and did funny dances. "Come dance with me Liza!" He smiled I couldn't resist so I got up and danced.

"Your so sweet Mike." I said he blushed indicating he was becoming shy. "Liza" he whined I laughed. After the song ended I hugged Michael.

"Thank you Mikey I needed that." He hugged me back "anytime you need Liza" he said.

Then Michael walked back over to the record and took it off and put it back then pulled out his Thriller album.

And took the record out and switched it on to one of my other favorite songs.

I heard the into to P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) "Michael" I said and blushed he laughed his adorable laugh making me laugh as well.

He walked over to me and put his hand out indicating that he wanted to dance with me. I put my hand in his and he pulled me up and pulled me closer to him.

As we danced he sang the song quietly as if to not disturb the moment too much. "Liza you know I love you as a friend right?" He asked "yes of course I do Mike." I replied I could feel him smile.

The words 'I love you' when they came from his mouth gave me butterflies. I couldn't help but to smile. "Thank you Michael for doing this." I said "of course Liza anything you need I'm here for you." He replied.

(The next day)

Michael had stayed the night with me. I woke up and walked to the kitchen to make some breakfast. "Liza what are you doing?" I heard Michael ask behind me in the door way.

"Making breakfast" I replied I saw Michael's shadow behind me.

"Michael; what are you doing?" I questioned "waiting for you to get done so we can talk. Because I need to tell you something." He replied.