Chapter Forty-Four

"Holy shit are those kids?!"

Our crash landing didn't exactly go as smooth as we hoped, but it didn't matter. We were alive.

Within seconds of us landing in the center of a deserted street, the local heroes had swarmed us and bombarded us with trivia.

"Are any of you hurt?"

"Can you walk?"

"What's going on? What's the destruction?!"

Tenya stepped up, calmly explained what was happening in the clearing. With a painful expression, he warned the heroes to evacuate. There was no saving the city.

At that, half of the heroes departed in haste, herding civilians to the closest train station. The other half continued to plan near their assault vehicles. I heard some of them talking about sending special teams into the battle to apprehend the villains. I feel sick at the thought of these heroes facing the horrors in that clearing.

Our group followed loosely behind the evacuation group to the station. None of us spoke. I don't know what I would say if we did. 'So, the weather is nice, huh'?

We arrived at the station to find that there was already a massive crown in the street before it. All three of the sky trains had already departed and we wouldn't be getting more for a while because we couldn't get in contact with the other stations. For now, this crowd had to wait for a subway.

With nothing else to do, we sat down on a curb, eyes glued to the massive jumbo-board on the side of a building. The reporters were risking their lives to get live reports. All Might and All For One were still at each other's throats, but it was obvious All Might was losing.

All For One's conversation came to my mind. All Might received his quirk from somebody else. Does that mean he could hand it off? And if he can, what happens to the quirk?

Was that why his arms were broken and bleeding. With each of his blows, he was getting more hurt. Like how Izuku's quirk used to break him.

A puzzle was growing in my mind, but a vital piece was missing...

Out of nowhere, one of All Might's arms deflated. It was no longer covered in bulging muscles. It was just a lanky, dangerously pale arm. What the hell?

His face was morphing with each weak punch. It became shallow, scratched. His eyes sunk, his hand flattened. The face was so familiar...

"Die." Was the only thing that the reporter's mic picked up on. All For One had to have raised his voice on purpose.

He raised his arm, and like before, a tornado twisted off of his arm, aimed directly for All Might. This time, he didn't do anything. All Might just raised his hand defensively. The bare minimum to keep himself alive.

The helicopter the camera is in spun wildly, mics picking up on the panicked yelling from the reporters. Thankfully, it recentered after a while. I wish they would get out of there. Our knowledge is not worth lives.

When the camera found All Might again, it was somebody else. Like a closet cosplay. The hero costume is held to this new man's boney body by a few strings. It was a dozen sizes too large. His hair wasn't slicked back. The blonde fell around the hollow face in tufts.

I immediately recognized him. It was the man in the oversized suit from when I enrolled at U.A. The one who convinced Nezu to accept my father's donation.

It was All Might. Whatever power he used to defeat the villains has been drained. Was his quirk stolen by All For One?!

"Show the world how pathetic you are, 'Symbol of Peace'." All For One mocked.