47. 𝗩𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 + 𝗣𝗿𝗼-𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗲𝘀

Start from the beginning

Her strategy for the day was to learn more about his wrongful sins by examining him close or smiting him so that she could get easy access to everything he did, through his mouth. Impatiently tapping her feet, she seats in an isolated corner, she had come a bit too early. But she could wait, and plan ahead of time, while she's absorbed in her thoughts, she notices someone sitting beside her, holding a newborn baby.

She blinks, looking away, pretending to not pay attention to the way his tiny arms moved, swinging back and forth in innocent amusement, tears came long before she could comprehend the wet sensation on her cheeks, she remembered the way she once held her child in her arms, cradling him, smiling at the tears that leaked from her eyes. Where had she gone wrong? When could she meet her baby again? Her sweet little boy.

The lady instantly faced her upon hearing the faint whimper that left her without permission, "are you okay?" She worriedly asked, hoping to ease her by putting a hand on her shaking shoulder, "y-yes I'm fine- I just remembered something... Please do not mind me, I'm sorry... To." She paused, collectively trying to hold in the tears, rubbing away at her puffy eyes. Briefly after, she continued, "I'm sorry to worry your small boy there." She muttered, softly giggling at the curious child, the lady smiled in response, looking down at her baby, "his name is-"

Before she could get the chance to utter her full sentence, a loud announcement interrupted her.

"Attention, please! Due to a sudden arrangement, the hero Dynamight is unable to attend, we're very sorry for the inconvenience, in compensation, you all will be able to meet deku. We apologize for the sudden change!" Told the young woman on the platform, the statement had earned quite a bit of disagreement from the audience, but they suppose meeting the number one hero was not bad, so most of the negative backlash subsided.

A few comments from the back seats didn't go unheard by her, "this year as well? When will we ever get to meet him? He never comes to the convention, at all!" Said a female voice, followed by another female's voice who replied, "let's just give up, we are wasting too much money to meet this guy, we could meet red riot though, wanna come?"

So he doesn't come to conventions, she learned it the hard way. A little low on money, she decided it wasn't worth her time and effort to dwell here any longer, the staff instead of letting her leave, insisted that she should wait for a little bit more, declining said request agitated them so she thought she could stay, just enough to somewhat see him and forget him soon after. She switched places with someone, and they were happy to have gotten a front seat.

While she was entertaining herself by leaning back and forth, the man she came to know by the hate of her soon to be victim, entered with a big smile. Girls all around her cheered wildly, she sat idly in her middle chair, with folded arms and a bored gaze. She's well past her fangirling years, even if she could shed some enjoyment out of this, she didn't deem it ethical.

"Hello everyone! How are you today? Feeling plus ultra?" He exclaimed, settling down as the crowd grew restless. She silently laughed, somewhat liking his soft-spoken nature.

Why did it remind her of her husband?

She internally groaned, bowing her head down in dismay, racking her brain to simply forget the comparison. "Let's start with questions? Shall we?" As soon as those words left his mouth, everyone rose, and waved their hands to get his attention, it was awkward sitting with so many people up on their feet and screaming their heads out. She quietly remained on standby, not expecting anything to come out of this.

"We could start with... You!"

The hall went silent as eyes landed on her, she slowly looked up, taking a quick look left and right, "do you have a question?" He asked with a kind tone, she blinked owlishly. She stood up, a moment is taken up to think.

"Who do you think is the perfect type of girl for your childhood friend, Dynamight?" She said, and it earned a lot of merriment from the crowd. Quick thinking, is not her speciality she could deal with the embarrassment if she could live to kill him.

"That's a hard question- I'd say, someone who is strong yet calm, I don't know much about his preferences!" Finished deku with a nervous smile, she nodded, dropping back down, listening in to anything else that might be beneficial.

When it was time to finally meet up close, she felt so revolted, she wanted to run back home, and just insist with herself to keep going, to not let herself be consumed by dark thoughts, let her emotions run vicious, crying out in earnest sorrow, for however long it might take. Living alone, without her...

"Are you okay?" She quickly took off her eyes from the baby boy she met this morning, glancing at the concerned hero who peered at her blank expression, trying to solve the mystery behind her facade. She looks down, mum, not knowing what to think before uttering words. She amassed a lot of stress during these couple of days, perhaps a day's worth of rest could help? Had she taken her meds?

The pro-hero with green eyes observed her, and she lets him, if there was a way he could help her, she doubts it would be any good.

"You've been spacing out a lot, are you okay miss?" He inquired, leaning in a little bit closer to her. She bobs her head, replying, "yes I'm fine, you needn't worry."

"But your eyes tell something else? Are you sure?" He implored, pressing on for some hefty answers, he thought he was capable of drawing it out of her. "No." She replied, to see his reaction, "and it's none of your business."

And she left, without looking back.

But how convenient for her, heroes meddle where they shouldn't, don't they?