High School Sweethearts - 9 (I dislike him)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

It's been a long day. You exhaustedly plopped down onto your bed.

  You've been trying to hang out with Dane more instead of Cedric today. Not gonna lie, you felt EXTREMELY bad for doing this to Cedric, he didn't really deserve this...

  'Wait, am I seriously pitying a literal YANDERE?! But... he's been a really nice company to have, maybe he's the good type...? Nah... I'm really overthinking this aren't I?'

  "Hahahaha, just admit you caught feelings for him already! I won't blame you for it, especially with that top-tier appearance," the floating companion of yours teased.

'.........'

  'No, I was just thinking like any other person would do. I mean, imagine if your crush was flirting with you for the past few days and then they suddenly gave their attention to others... Yeah, not so fun, huh?'

520 laughed even more.

'... Why are you laughing, stop laughing..!

  At this point you were starting to get embarrassed when you realized on how quickly you were explaining, it made you look guilty.

"Alright! Alright! I'll stop, go sleep now, it's late."

'Jeez, fine mom.'

  You shook your head from the little playful conversation you just had with 520. It had definitely made your mood better.

You managed to sleep not long after, with a slight smile plastered on your lips.

It was a dreamless night.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Saturday, 6 days left till the performance.

Since it's a Saturday today, you woke up later than usual.

The original owner of this body does this frequently, so it wasn't really suspicious.

  You had already mastered the piece that you're going to perform next Friday. It's now completely okay to focus more on getting the intimacy level up.

  You were still sleeping peacefully, 520 purposely didn't wake you up. It assumed that you were tired and decided to let you have more sleep if you have the opportunity to.

Sadly, the sound of your phone ringing woke you up.

  You tried to ignore it while you were still half-asleep, after a few more rings though, your patience ran out and you grumpily accepted the call without looking who the caller was.

"Hello?" You said in a raspy voice, with a hint of annoyance in your tone.

"Are you awake Y/N? I brought you breakfast, since I figured that you were still sleeping."

  The voice of the boy made your previously sleepy form to a now extremely attentive form.

"Oh, sorry! I'll go open the door right away!"

  The voice on the other side chuckled, before saying, "No need to rush Y/N, you might accidentally hurt yourself. I wouldn't want that to happen."

  "Too late!" You opened the door and could see Cedric's slightly surprised form. He soon smiled at you and hung up the phone.

  He brought up the bag that was carrying the food to his chest to show you, before asking, "May I?"

You nodded and smiled back at him, standing aside to let him come in.

"Oh yeah, I'll go freshen up first. Be right back!"

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  When you were back at the dining table, you could smell the amazing aroma from the food that Cedric had brought you.

You smiled wider, knowing that he brought your favorite breakfast.

Couldn't wait any longer, you quickly dug in, which made Cedric giggle.

"Eat slowly, no one will steal your breakfast."

You did as what you were told. 

  After a moment of silence, Cedric had finally gathered up the courage to ask you about him.

"Hey, so... Y/N, what do you think about Dane...?"

You paused and raised your brow slightly, seems like your plan is working.

Looking at him, you said, "Oh Dane? He's an old friend of mine."

'Old friend? It can't be happening, is he going to steal you back?'

  Cedric pursed his lips at the thought before asking again, "When did you get to know him?"

"Back before I came to this neighborhood, why are you asking?"

All right, time for your acting skills.

You seemingly thought for a while, before "realizing" what he meant.

"Oh! Don't worry Cedric, you're still my beeeeeeeeeest-est friend!"

  Cedric wanted to correct you, but quickly shook off that thought. He wasn't confident in himself yet.

Silence gathered in the room again.

  "Y/N... I hope you don't dislike me after this, but I'll still tell you about it, since it's for your own sake."

You looked at him questionably.

  "Stay away from Dane, I dislike him... his presence to be exact. There's something off about him... I- I mean, it's just what I get from him myself, you could just forget about this conversation if you... don't trust me." 

  Okay, the idea of trusting a friend that you hadn't communicated for AGES instead of the friend that has always been present hurts.

  You thought for a moment, before reassuring him, "You're probably overreacting! I'll keep that in mind though."

  Not the best result for Cedric, he saw that coming though. Didn't really have solid evidences, it was only normal that you think like that.

Still, he could just protect you from him if he tries anything fishy... 

WAIT, THAT'S IT! 

  Protect you from him... He could just set Dane up for a trap to look like he was the bad guy, and save you from him.

But... that's a bit too hard to do for a 15 year old. So that idea might have to be scrapped.

Ugh. If only everyone would just stop bothering the two of you...

*★*----------------------------------*★*