Overdramatic

i was so fucking productive today oh my GOD

i finally cleaned my room for the first time in weeks, made some bomb sunny side up eggs , i am literally thriving rn .

edited as of 6/15/23

Warning : Swearing , Blood , Vomit

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

As you stood up and dusted yourself off, tears in your eyes, Zenitsu shakily turned to Tanjirou, "..Hey, Tanjirou.. is that boy the childrens..?"

Shoichi chimed in from the corner where he held his sister, "No.. he— he isn't our brother. Brother is wearing a permission colored haori.."

As they conversed, you averted your attention to the man's body, staring at it blankly. Deep down, you knew it wasn't your fault — no, not at all.

However, there was a small feeling of guilt that crept up from inside you, threatening to swallow you whole.

You vigorously shook your head and slapped your cheeks, 'I can dwell later, now I need to help their brother.. and beat the hell out of Kyogai!'

With your aggressive movements, you gained the attention of everybody in the area. Tanjirou alarmingly looked to you, "Huh—? (Y/N), What are you—"

You interrupted him, cracking your neck as you determinedly yelled, "I'M KICKING SOME DEMON ASS!! I'M READY!" Though you were too distracted to care, the collective group looked at you confusedly as if you were some sort of alien.

Tanjirou shook this off, nodding as he made his way over, "Zenitsu, let's go! (Y/N) and I are about to head in!" Zenitsu cowered away, vigorously shaking his head and crying, "N-NO! NO WAY!"

As you deadpanned at another pathetic action from Zenitsu, Tanjirou glared at the boy before pettily turning away and pulling you by your uninjured arm, "Oh. I see. I understand. Let's go, (Y/N)."

Tanjirou's sudden tone sent a shiver up your spine. You were not used to an annoyed Tanjirou — not at all.

Zenitsu scrambled over, before pouncing on Tanjirou's back, "UWAHH! DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH A FURIOUS FACE!! I'LL COME ALONG, I'LL COME!!! OKAY?!"

Tanjirou tilted his head downwards, "Neither of us are planning on forcing you. Seriously." Zenitsu grabbed hold of Tanjirou's shoulders, hysterically shaking them, "I'LL COME ALONG! I'LL COME ALONNGGG!"

In an attempt to save Tanjirou, you teasingly flicked Zenitsu on the forehead, "Oh, come on! We'll be fine!" You then eerily smiled, wiggling your fingers in his face, "..as long as a demon doesn't eat you!"

Zenitsu screeched, tears threatening to spill from his eyes once more, "(Y/N)-CHANN!! DON'T DO THAT!! IM SCARED! IM SCAREEDD!!"

Before your departure, Tanjirou gently set Nezuko's box in front of the children, "I'm going to leave this box with you, alright? No matter what happens, it will protect you both."

You joined Tanjirou at his side, smiling at the children, "We'll be out in no time! While you wait, just make sure to stay near this box at all times."

They each reluctantly nodded, before you noticed Teruko beginning to eye Hoshi on your shoulder. Briefly pondering, you hesitantly handed Hoshi to her, "While we're gone, Hoshi will comfort you, okay?"