Dying On The Inside

Start from the beginning

You should take it as a compliment
If I were you, I would be more confident
You're lucky that you're pretty
Why are you obsessed with your appearance?
I don't wanna hear it, you're fine (Mirabel burns a picture of her)

Beauty is a knife
I've been holding by the blade
Swallowing my pride so I won't eat anything
It's all a lie, honestly, it's eating me alive
They're all like
Did you change your hair?
Did you lose a little weight?
You should keep it up 'cause it really looks great (Mirabel sees a fake mirror of her)
I hate that I always look my best
When I'm dying on the inside (the mirror disappeares)

Mirabel opens her eyes and she's in the same place where she was. Mirabel runs home and bumps into Isabela.

"Watch it psycho." Isabela says angrily walking away. "Hija it's time for therapy." Julieta reminds her. "Mom I don't want to go." Mirabel complains. "You do this every time Camilo wants you to go." Julieta says. Mirabel looks down. "Mirabel he just wants to help you baby you know that he cares about you okay and we all think this is best for you." Julieta explains in a calm voice. "Fine." Mirabel sighs.

They get in the car and start to drive. Mirabel and Camilo are in the same position they always are in. Mirabel is laying on Camilo's leg looking up at the ceiling and Camilo's hand is on. Mirabel turns to the side playing with Camilo's fingers while he is looking at the window scared of what his girlfriend is going to say this time.

In the therapy room

"Hey Mirabel nice to meet you again." The therapist smiles. Mirabel doesn't respond instead she puts her head on Camilo's chest "Mirabel please talk." Camilo whispers in her ear.

"How are you feeling today?" The therapist asks. "Alright." Mirabel replies. "Now I want you to answer all these questions honestly okay." The therapist said, while getting a piece of paper. Mirabel nods.

"Have you eaten today?

"No." Mirabel replies.

"Do you still feel dizzy?"

"Sometimes." Mirabel says.

"Have you cut yourself today?"

"Y-yes." Mirabel stutters. Camilo looks down on her

"Okay with what?" The therapist asks. "Scissors." Mirabel replies.

Camilo gets up and puts his hands on his head pasting. Mirabel looks at with sad eyes from not telling Camilo about what she did.

"Okay now explain how your feeling." The therapist says.

"Worthless, scared, like I can't do anything and I'm not enough for anyone. No one loves me the pills don't work. Lying to everyone that I love. Feeling bad for what ever people do for me I can't put a smile on my face instead I feel dizzy and tired. Can't barely walk in a straight line. Like I shouldn't eat or if I do I will never be enough. Demons telling me I should end it and everyone just wanting more for me but I can't do it. I can't get off my bed. Can't get out of my too. Can't even look at food because if I do then I feel like throwing up." Mirabel explains.

Camilo looks at her with tears in his eyes. Hating to see his girlfriend like this and seeing her hurt.

"Anyways are we done?" Mirabel asks standing up. "No actually I have some questions from your doctor." The therapist says.

Mirabel sits back down and looks at Camilo because the last time she went to the doctor it was with him and just him. Camilo sits down thinking he's screwed. Julieta looks at them then back to the doctor.

"It says you have been on birth control is that correct?" The therapist asks. "Y-yeah." Mirabel nods and her parents look at her.

"How old are you?" The therapist asks. "13" Mirabel replies.

I changed her age just because and Camilo is 14

"Are you sexually active?"

"Yes." Mirabel replies.

"Are you guys using protection?" She asks.

"Yeah we use condoms and I'm on birth control can we go now?" Mirabel asks.

"Are you aware you can get pregnant?" The therapist asks.

"Oh my god yes." Mirabel says anyoyed.

"You know if you are and your not ready there's abortion and adopting." She advices.

"Even if I were to get pregnant or accidentally I'm not going to give it away or kill it if I have a baby I have a baby I don't care." Mirabel says.

Mirabel and Camilo get in the car waiting for her parents to get Mirabels meds.

"You didn't have to say it with attitude." Camilo looks at her. "Well it's none of her business what we do." Mirabel crosses her arm. Camilo puts her on his lap. "I wish you would tell me that you cut yourself." Camilo looks her in the eyes. "I-i just didn't want you to worry." Mirabel replies.

Camilo kisses her and she kisses back. Camilo kisses her neck lightly and then pulls away.

"I don't want to worry about you either but I have every right to. I'm scared for you Mirabel I'm the most scared I have ever been. I hate seeing you like this I do. I'm worried about what your going to do now. I almost lost you one time and I was scared for my life and thinking if I lost you I wouldn't have anyone else." Camilo pours out.

Mirabel looks at him and then hugs him.

"Thank you for not leaving me I'm serious I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you sweet mouth telling me all the things I want to hear. You do mean the world to me and I want it to keep it like that. So I'm going to tell you the truth." Mirabel says.

"I don't think I can make it. There are voices in my head that keeps getting louder and louder telling me things I don't want to hear. I'm scared of my life and holding on to dear life. Not eating anything, barely eating and every time I eat I will regret it. I don't want to live that way." Mirabel explain.

"Camilo, I'm scared I don't want to be like this I just want it to go away please make it go away." Mirabel tears up. Camilo pulls her in. "I know amor I know and I wish I could okay I would do anything if I could." Camilo hugs her.

They get back home with Mirabel laying on Camilo while his hands are around her hugging her.