High School Sweethearts - 16 (Ann)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Since this was one of the most important anniversaries for your school, the principal entrusted the student council with the games and decorations that is going to take place in this event. By the looks of it, they must've had a very big budget to be able to design such a massive place. 

  There were also a lot of people, the school decided to allow everyone to come and enjoy the event, even if you have no relations with the students in this school

  There were also a lot of people, the school decided to allow everyone to come and enjoy the event, even if you have no relations with the students in this school. As long as you get checked by the security and write down your name and ID on the information sheet, you should be good to go.

That is why you and your parents are lining up in this incredibly long line. 

  Sighing, you peeked at the gate, trying to figure out on how many people were left before you're next. It's a big shame if this takes too long, you wouldn't want to miss out on discovering different stalls. Especially since you have to get into the waiting room soon, even if your performance was the last one.

You pouted, knowing that it has to take at least 10 minutes from how long the line is. 

  Thankfully, someone had noticed you and called you over. It was Ann, the class president in your class. Every class president and some other students were kind enough to help the student council, they had a lot on their plates after all. 

  She was beside a small entrance, leading to the back of your school. Since 520 had told you that it was safe, you looked at your parents, informing them about it. 

  "Mom, Dad. My classmate is calling me over, I'll go to her now," you then started rushing towards Ann.

  "Make sure to message us if anything happens hun!" You heard your mom shout, since there was a lot of noise.

"OKAY!" You shouted back.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Not gonna lie, it was quite embarrassing to run across the place. There were already people staring at you when you were lining up. So, running in your gorgeous outfit attracted more attention than you wanted to.

You were kind of disappointed that you weren't able to explore the place out too.

  Walking through the hallway, you wondered why there weren't anyone present. Ann sensed your confusion, so she started explaining.

  "The insides of the school isn't opened for visitors yet, and most of the people helping were too busy in the front yard."

"Ohh"

  There was an uncomfortable silence in the hallway. You opened and closed your mouth, trying to find words to ease this awkwardness. A voice soon distracted your thoughts though.

"By the way... you look exceptionally pretty today..."

'Hm?? ' You were surprised by sudden compliment.

  "Oh! Uhm, thank you," you smiled. You could have sworn that you saw the pink tint forming on her cheeks. It was subtle, so you had to double check to see if you were just hallucinating.

  The painful silence came back once again. Thankfully, you could see a door with the sign that says "WAITING ROOM" appearing little by little. The two of you got there and Ann told you to wait alongside with the other performers inside the room.

  Ann gave her number to you and told you to contact her if you need anything. She then scurried off after that.

  You stared at her disappearing form, feeling a bit nervous. Since Ann isn't beside you anymore, there was definitely no one else in the hallway now. You took a deep breath, before reluctantly opening the door.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

4:00 AM, A few hours earlier.

This was the day, where everything would get perfect.

  Cedric woke up extremely early today. He wrote a note down, saying that he had already gone to school and placed it on his bedside counter. The boy knows that his parents won't wake up very soon, even if they did, they won't come into his room without his permission.

  He then freshened up and changed into his dark colored clothes. Washing his face and brushing his teeth certainly made him feel more awakened now.

  Grabbing his backpack, which he had already arranged the things inside, he quietly creeped down the hallway. Cedric was grateful that his house didn't have any security cameras, which made his departure way easier.

  He was soon outside, looking around, he made sure to check if there was anyone nearby. The boy then went into a small alleyway, his figure disappearing in sight.

*★*----------------------------------*★*