Chapter 1

“I heard he’s visiting today.”

“I just hope he’s as nice as his father.”

Claire Sparks turned to the two workers speaking and saw how secretive they were trying to be. “Hey.” she said with a stern, strict tone, making them stand at attention. She couldn’t help but smile in amusement. “What are you two talking about?”

One of the woman sighed. “Geez Claire. Every time you use that tone, we can’t help but react.”

The other immediately agreed, but Claire simply chuckled. “Just make sure you don’t chat while there’re guests around asking for help. Now, are you going to answer my question?”

It took them a few seconds to remember what she asked before they immediately answered. Apparently the rumor that they were getting a new boss was true. And he was visiting today. Luckily, he wasn’t someone completely new to the hotel. He was supposed to be the current owner’s, Logan Bishop, son who had been overseas.

Like one of the employees said, Claire hoped he was considerate of everyone in the hotel. Since they dealt with those who were rich and part of the elite class, Claire has met with just as many civil people as spoilt brats, who should be too old to even be called brats. And they were lucky they were guests or Claire would’ve done something to them the moment they insulted any of her workers.

After doing her daily check-ups, Claire left the two chatting workers, reminding them to watch out for guests.

Being the manager of Bishop Lodgings was at times easy and at times irritating. On the easy days, Claire just did some check-ups around the hotel, making sure the employees were behaving, the guests were satisfied, and everything else was in working order. Of course there was the occasional paper work, but that was a simple task Claire was used to.

As for the irritating days, it was when she had to deal with spoilt brats who said their steak wasn’t rare enough, but then the next time they brought out another steak, it was too raw. In situations like those, Claire had no choice but to grit her teeth and do her best to satisfy them, even if it meant sending out another ten steaks just to get the right one.

Oh, if only she could do what she normally would do in situations like those—which was knock out the ass’s teeth. But unfortunately, she had to behave as a grown woman should during her working hours.

“I wonder how old he is.”

“Considering Logan’s in his late fifties, it must mean the guy’s pretty young.”

Claire blinked at the conversation. It seemed like everyone was talking about their soon-to-be new boss. Really, Claire didn’t give a crap as long as he allowed her to keep her job and let her work. But she wouldn’t know what she would do if he thought about changing his employees around. Claire heard about that happening before with other hotels…

Instead of worrying over it though, she just took a deep breath and exhaled. When the time came, she would think of something then. As for now, she had to focus on her work.