High School Sweethearts - 18 ("Merry-Go-Round of Life")

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  The boy woke up refreshed. Lights shone through the curtains. If this was like any other day, it would've caused him in a bad mood (from how piercing it is) but he was unaffected by it right now. All he had in mind was how wonderful his plans will be today. Cedric plans to ask you out in a surprise date he had arranged tonight, and he KNOWS that you will accept him. 

You do love him, right?

RIGHT?

  Even if you wouldn't accept him by then, he knows that it will surely change someday. Whether it'll be a day, a month, a year, a decade, he will be always waiting. 

'Ah, Y/N. You'll have to stay in this place then... In the middle of nowhere. That way, you wouldn't ever leave me again! '

'Hm, I'll have to find a way to not let anyone come here though... Oh well! Future worries can wait.'

Cedric giggled happily, daydreaming about the life that the two of you will have soon.

  He was cut off by a muffled shouting. Frowning, he decided to ignore it and plan to greet the victim right after the performance. The young boy got all time in the world to do that anyways.

So, he went ahead and changed clothes.

  After that, Cedric checked the time on the clock attached on the wall, he still got 30 minutes before the performance will come to an end. He quickly grabbed his blazer, put on his mask and locked all the doors of the cabin before walking out of the front door.

  He couldn't use the motorbike, it will be too suspicious if he used it to go to school. So, poor Cedric had to walk by foot, from the cabin to the school.

He just hopes that there will be nearby stores by the school. And hopefully, it won't be too hot today.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You sat on the seat uneasily, moving and shifting around every second. The other participants had noticed you, they looked at each other hesitantly before one of them gathered up the courage to talk to you.

"H-hey... uh, Y/N? Are you alright?"

  You looked up in surprise, forgetting that there were other people in the room. But since it was almost your turn, there were less and less people in the waiting room now. 

  You took in their form, she was wearing purple too. Actually, almost every performer wore the lovely color. This was because of your school; The official school color was purple, so most performers wore the color to show that they are proud to be a student there.

Taking a deep breath before smiling, you reassured them, "Don't worry, I'm fine!"

  The worried looks on their faces could be seen to lighten up a bit. The person that had asked you the question let out a big sigh of relief, before saying, "It's going to be okay Y/N, you can do this! I-it might be scary but... I kno-" 

She shook her head before continuing, "No, we know that you'll do amazingly!"

You smiled at them, you are genuinely happy that you got such people around you.

"Thank you."

  But you weren't nervous because of that, you had asked 520 to check what Cedric was doing and it still hadn't come back. You were starting to get worried for the ball, although you are 80% sure that it would be fine and was just taking a bit of time to figuring out what had happened.

  You closed your eyes and laid back on the comfortable couch, reassuring yourself that everything will be okay.

"MASTER! MAAAAASTER! THE- CEDRIC- HE- HE-"

  You opened your eyes suddenly, slightly relieved that 520 was okay. But from its reaction, you could tell that 520 is going to give you some bad news, so you tensed up again.

'Calm down 520. It's okay, speak slowly.'

"CEDRIC KIDNAPPED DANE!"

"WHAT?!"

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Cedric entered the room, he had arrived just in time. Sitting in his assigned seat, he excitedly looked at the host of the show that stood on stage.

"That was an amazing performance wasn't it? Now, our next and final performance will be performed by... the one and only Y/N!"

"LET'S GIVE HER A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!"

  Cedric scoffed at these people, all they care about were your looks. They don't know you as well as he does. 

  His focus shifted to you when you walked in. Wow. You look so beautiful in that outfit, he couldn't take his eyes off you. The outfit matches you very well, absolutely gorgeous. (ahem... a bit of a hypocrisy there Cedric...)

  But on a second thought, it's good that they don't actually know you. He wouldn't want others to steal you away.

You gave a little curtsy and smiled. 

"Hello everyone, I'm Y/N. I will be performing the piece "Merry-Go-Round of Life." I hope that you'll enjoy my performance today."

  You then walked to the piano and started to move your fingers along the keys. (play the song that I put at the top of this chapter if you want to listen to it!)

Everyone is dazed. Including dear Cedric.

*★*----------------------------------*★*