You Screw Yourself Over

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

this is getting extremely repetitive, i know.. but thank you sosososooooo much for all the love on this book !!

with this being my first story on this app, i honestly didn't expect for it to get this popular ! i adore reading all of your comments, even if i may not reply.

(edited as of 3.5.24)

WARNING: Swearing

           ⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

When you woke up, motivated to start your long day of training, the last thing you were expected to be greeted with was a push-up competition your friends were holding.

Well, just Sōta and Eli. Though, Inosuke managed to weasel himself into it, too.

Sitting up in your bed, you groggily rubbed your bleary eyes, blinking at the bizarre scene that took place in front of you.

You managed to exchange brief glances with Tanjirou and Zenitsu, who looked just as puzzled as you were.

"It's six in the damn morning.. what the hell are you even doing? You all look like idiots," You questioned, your tone hoarse from sleep.

Zenitsu scowled at the sight, "Exactly! You're all insane, seriously! Did you collectively hit your heads?!"

The sounds of their heavy pants filled the room, causing you to recoil and cringe.

"Sōta and I... made a bet," Eli wheezed out, his voice strained. Just how many push-ups had he done?

Tanjirou quirked a brow, yawning into his palm, "Okay.. does it really need to be done right now? We just woke up. What is it even for..?"

"We made a bet... that whoever continues... push-ups for the longest... doesn't have to send a letter to... Tomoe-sensei.. and catch her up on everything," Sōta wheezed.

"She keeps sending her freakish, old, coo-coo crow to... give us letters and... they've been piling up for so d-damn long," Eli concluded.

Silence engulfed you, before you pointed a finger toward Inosuke, "Okay, then why the hell is Inosuke doing it, too?"

"GUAHAH!! I WILL BEAT YOU ALL, I'M THE BEST!! THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!", Inosuke bellowed, cackling obnoxiously.

Zenitsu released an exasperated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Hah, of course. What else is to be expected from this goddamn deranged pig? I can't take this."

"Zenitsu, that's not nice! You shouldn't say such mean things to Inosuke! He's.. well—" Tanjirou started, before he paused, "You know.. er."

You blinked, finishing for him, "Insane in the head, maybe?" Tanjirou flinched, spluttering out, "N-No! He's.. well, his own character, you know!"

Zenitsu facepalmed, his tone suddenly monotone and blunt, "Tanjirou, he can't even remember our proper names. Are you serious?" You seethed, "Yup.. Zenitsu has a point. But.. Inosuke is cool— well, I mean.. most of the time."

Soon, you watched as Eli's arms gave way beneath him. He flopped to the ground, beads of sweat clinging to his body. He panted, completely wasted.

After realizing his victory, Sōta allowed himself to fall limp. He boasted triumphantly, "Hah, I win! Have fun replying to Tomoe-sensei!"

Eli groaned in refusal, "Come on, man! It's so fucking obvious that he favors you. Just take the fall for me, will you? Plus, Mr. Owl has like— no brain cells. It'll take forever to deliver!"