Chapter 57: Old Master He Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't do it before either," He Yu said comfortingly.

"And now?" Su Qiuzi took the opportunity to ask about this as the battle went on the chess board.

As soon as she said it, the old man put the black pieces down and said quietly, "Distracting yourself when playing chess, what are you waiting for if you don't lose?"

While he was talking, the old man picked up the white pieces one by one, while Su Qiuzi looked at He Yu, who smiled quietly and said, "No distractions, it's true that I lost, I still can't beat you."

Su Qiuzi looked at the grandfather and grandson, the old man did not look angry, so she put her mind at ease and laughed along with He Yu, even asking him a few chess questions, which he answered one by one.

The sun was shining in the teahouse, with the atmosphere gradually easing up as Su Qiuzi poured the tea and He Yu and Old Master He played chess. She looked at the game for a while, but still couldn't figure out what was going on. Fortunately, soon after the second round started, Aunt Zhai came over and called out that it was time for lunch.

Old Master He went first, while Su Qiuzi followed behind He Yu, her footsteps noticeably more joyful than when she first arrived. When He Yu looked back at her, she smiled and asked, "Is the food at He Family's house good?"

"Not bad." He Yu laughed shallowly.

Su Qiuzi nodded and said, "If you like it then, we'll come back often."

He Fengjia, who was getting older, still wanted his grandson to be with him often. As long as He Fengjia was not unhappy about her presence, Su Qiuzi was willing to accompany He Yu over.

"Good." He Yu responded.

The He family's dining room was very warmly decorated, with a long table, the kind that could host a dozen people. But on weekdays, only He Fengjia himself ate here, but today, with He Yu and Su Qiuzi, it was much livelier than usual.

Aunt Zhai brought the food up, which Su Qiuzi thanked, smiling gently. Nothing happened at the table, and everyone ate quietly. During the meal, Su Qiuzi carefully scrutinized the son and grandson. She felt that He Yu and He Fengjia were quite similar in temperament, having a kind of European gentleman's style, which was particularly noble.

Originally, He Yu had no work today, so after having lunch, the two had decided to play chess at home with the old man all afternoon. But just after lunch, he was called over by a phone call. The matter was not troublesome, but the person in charge of the He Group had to be present in person.

Su Qiuzi looked up at He Yu, who was talking on his cell phone, roughly understanding that he would be leaving in a few minutes. He Yu hung up the phone and asked, "Do you want to come along?"

He Fengjia sat nearby, watching quietly.

He Yu was going to work, so it was not good for her to follow. And if she were to go with him, it would seem as if she didn't like He Fengjia very much. Anyway, He Yu would be back in a few minutes, therefore Su Qiuzi shook her head and said, "I'll wait for you at home."

She walked He Yu out the door, the man looked down at her and said, "If you want to rest, go to the innermost room on the third floor, that's my bedroom."

Su Qiuzi nodded in agreement, He Yu took off. She stood in front of the door and watched the car leaving, then prepared to go to He Yu's room. As soon as she reached the door of the corridor courtyard, she heard someone call out.

"Ah Zhai, get me a blanket." It was He Fengjia's voice.

Aunt Zhai seemed to be busy and didn't hear it. Su Qiuzi took a look at the sofa, which had a thin blanket on it, took the blanket out the door, where she saw He Fengjia sitting on a recliner in the courtyard.