"Thankfully we found no signs of sexual abuse" the doctor reported giving an assuring look to Jungkook. "We found traces of alcohol in his system, it wasn't a lot for him to be drunk, but given the tress he experienced  and having hit his head it explains why he can't remember everything, the physical examination showed he had bruises on his chest and a slightly fractured rib, but its not severe, he is a very healthy young man, he will  heal pretty fast"

The doctor read the rest of the report, "We would like for him to stay a day longer so that his wounds can he treated, and he can be discharged soon after" the doctor explained. 

**

Jungkook was moved to a private room, his mother decided to stay with him until he was to get discharged.

His mother excused herself to talk to his father leaving the two boys to talk.

"How much do you remember from last night"  Jimin asked sitting next to Jungkook on the bed. "Not all of it" he replied, "am really sorry" Jimin said in a low voice. "I am really glad that he didn't go any further and that Taehyung found you in time"

The memory was a blur, but he could remember bits of it, Taehyung hitting someone then carrying him, but it was all a blur.

"Where is he, Taehyung" Jungkook asked. "He had to leave the country for his work, it was something that was already planned months ago so they couldn't change it for him to stay. Don't worry I called him to let him know you are doing alright" ,"thank you" the other replied.

"And here" Jimin said after saving Taehyung's number in the other's phone, "I gave him your number, he said he will call when you are awake" this made Jungkook smile a little.

They sat on the bed for a while, Jimin was feeling tremendous guilt, he didn't know what he would do if the worse could have happened. How would he face his friend. Jungkook was calming his friend down, telling him it wasn't his fault, it didn't seem to be working at first, but at least he wasn't crying anymore and a little while after that, they both fell asleep.

**

Taehyung had been calling everyday for the past two weeks he was away, He was glad that Jungkook was doing better. If it wasn't for his work, he would have probably camped at the hospital. Jungkook's parents suggested he takes some time from school, though he still insisted to do his work online because simply sitting at home with his thoughts wasn't something he wanted to do.

Time seemed to go by too fast but also too slow on some days for Jungkook, it was too fast when he was on the phone with Taehyung, it was too slow at night when he couldn't sleep and too many thoughts were drowning him. 

After a month, with his weekly visits to a therapist, Jungkook decided he wanted to go back to school. His parents didn't like the idea, but they decided to respect his choice and support him regardless, but under the condition he lived with Jimin. They bought  an apartment for them to share not too far from their school.

It wasn't hard to miss, the change in his behavior. Jungkook drowned himself in his school work, becoming more closed off. Jimin knew that the other had been seeing a therapist but he wasn't sure if it was helping since he could still hear him wake up almost every night.

It wasn't until Taehyung after started visiting more often that he saw some change in his friend, it was clear that Taehyung liked him, but Jungkook was working through other things to figure out his feelings for the other. But he was seemingly better.

A year went by and Taehyung didn't ask him out, but he stayed. He stayed during the nights when Jungkook was scared of being alone because Jimin  had night practice. He stayed when Jungkook called him past midnight crying, he stayed when Jungkook wouldn't let him or anyone touch him, he stayed when the other confessed that he wasn't sure about his feelings and needed time to figure things out, he stayed, through all of it.

He did all that he could to get him out, it started with small places like the park and then restaurants. What happened to him wasn't his fault and he shouldn't have to loose some of his best years locked away because of men like that.

And when the time came, when he kissed him in the classroom, he was  glad that Jungkook kissed him back , because then he knew Jungkook was ready. And when he finally did ask him out in the park beneath the stars, he knew he was worth it, he was worth the wait.

Hey hey

I hope you saw the grammy performance, it was wiiiiild, they just keep getting better and better, I mean wow.

Anywhooo, I hope this chapter soothed your pain from the last chapter, it definitely  soothed mine.

See you in the next chapter.

love Tally