High School Sweethearts - 25 (The Way Out - END)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

You opened your eyes slowly. 

  Blinding lights shone through the curtains. You had to look away and noticed a blurry figure doing so. You closed your eyes and shook your head, then took a closer look, it was Cedric. He had lain his arms and head on the right side of the bed. 

  Assuming that he was sleeping, you slowly moved your arms and neck to relieve the soreness from not moving for a long time. This action startled Cedric and woke him up though. He looked up quickly, hugged you when he realized that you're finally awake.

  You could hear the soft sniffles coming from the boy. Smiling gently, you rubbed his back, as if you're comforting a kid that had just been scolded.

"It's okay... I'm alright..." You said in a whisper.

  You thought that it would comfort the boy, but instead, he hugged you even tighter. To the point that it's kind of suffocating.

  Maybe it was because of you flinching impulsively, Cedric let go of you instantly and looked down embarrassedly, giving you a chance to breathe. After a short while, you looked around again before asking, "Where's Mom and Dad?"

  Cedric look up quickly and answered, "O-Oh. They went home to eat, bringing me lunch on the way back."

  "Ah! I'll message your parents right now to tell them that you're awake," he said, realizing that he almost forgot to tell your parents about the good news.

  Yes, you heard it right. Somehow, you managed to control his urge of whisking others away from you. He's still obsessed with you, but at least he willing to not hurt anyone that's not getting in the middle of you two.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Soon, your parents came.

  "Y/N!" You mother said, shoving a rattan-like lunch bag to your dad before running towards you with open arms.

  You had no choice but to nod repeatedly and listen to your mother's words and complaints. You still stared at her with doting eyes and smiled warmly. After you mother finally stopped talking to drink some water, your dad came by your side and hugged you.

You were surprised at first but still hugged back. 

  Once again, your loud stomach growled, causing you to wince and blush for the hundredth time. Cedric giggled and handed you a lunch box storing the food that your parents had made for you. 

  You dove right into the food. It's been a while since you've eaten something that your parents had prepared. 

  "Cedric, here," your father handed him the box, "Eat your lunch, you should take care of yourself too."

  "Yeah! I made your favorite food," your mother sighed before continuing, "If it weren't for you, we would've have problems with no one taking care of Y/N because of work... Thank you, Cedric."

"It's nothing, aunty! Y/N's really important to me, so I should be doing this for her," he smiled.

  After a while of chit-chatting, your parents needed to go to work. So they had to go after visiting you for a while, leaving you and Cedric alone once again. Though, they promised to visit you again around dinner time.

  You looked out the window onto your left. Since the brightness from the outside is still strong, you had to cover your hand in front of your eyes again. Cedric noticed this and quickly stood up to close the curtains.