Prologue: A Day In The Life

I don't own Harry Potter.

...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...

Author's note: I started this fanfic out of boredom. I don't know if it will be updated often, but I will give it my best shot and try to update at all.

...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...  ...

It hurt.

Ariana Dumbledore had just been hit with a nasty bone breaking hex.

She could hear her ribs crack.

Normally, she would've been inside the house. But not today. She simply couldn't continue to stand by and watch.

It all started after lunch. Aberforth had just left the house. He intended to have a serious talk with Albus about taking care of her. After Albus had met that man, Gellert, he didn't have time to provide food and other basic needs for her, it seemed, so all that responsibility had fallen upon Ab's shoulders.

She wasn't paying attention to what was happening outside until she heard her brothers begin shouting. A third voice was heard in the middle of the shouting match 'Damn it', thought Ariana bitterly 'Gellert's with Albus today'.

She tried to ignore the commotion outside.

She normally ignored it easily. After all, arguing with Aberforth seemed to be Albus's and Gellert's favourite pastime. 

Normally, nothing ever came of it. But today it was different.

She heard the voices grow louder. Then she heard it. It was Gellert's voice: 

"Confringo!"

Ariana rushed to the window. Some would think her incapable of understanding all the light flying outside, but very few people knew that even though she repressed her magic, she still studied hard to understand all that surrounds her.

Horrified, she noticed that the battle was hardly a fair one. Albus and Gellert, who were arguably very powerful (some would say the most powerful of their ages), had teamed up against Ab, that much to her surprise, was able to hold his own and even give the two older wizards some trouble.

The battle was nasty. It had started with a blasting hex and had quickly escalated. She could see darker curses being thrown out liberally. Grindelwald had even started using the Unforgivable Curses.

A second after Ab dodged a killing curse that Grindelwald had thrown his way, Ariana's eyes widened in horror. Albus had just fired an overpowered bone-breaking hex that Aberfoth would never be able to dodge in time. She then noticed that Grindelwald had fired yet another killing curse. If Aberforth was hit by the bone-breaker, he wouldn't be able to ever dodge the sickly green light.

It seemed as if time was moving in slow motion. 'NO!', her mind screamed in horror. She needed to get there immediately, she needed to take Albus's hex, in order to give Ab enough time to dodge Grindelwald's curse. But she couldn't get there. Not in enough time at least.

Crack!

It felt as if she was being squeezed through a very thin and long tube. But she didn't have time to dwell in the feeling. She was standing in front of the hex. All three fighters wore identical shocked faces. A disgustingly wet cracking sound reverberated in the front yard. This noise, however, didn't consist of apparition.

Octopus's GardenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara