IMtHPiW?! - 5 (A Kid Adopting a Kid...?) PT.1

*PART 2 WILL HAVE THE SAME SUB-TITLE, BUT IT WILL BE CONSIDERED AS CHAPTER 6! :D

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Her eyes glowed.
How can someone be as gentle as her?

  'Thirteen' hid behind a pillar. Her form was rather thin, so the pillar had completely covered her. She watched as you talked with the owner. Without thinking, the corners of her lips raised slightly as she saw you smile.

Huh? Why is she smiling?

  She quickly shook away the unfamiliar feeling and looked down, her hand hovering nearly at the side of her face. 'Thirteen' bit down on her lower lip and breathe in deeply, before looking up to see where you ar-

'Wait... Where's the pretty lady..? She couldn't have gone already, right? '

At a lost, she looked to the left-
There was no one.

To the right-
No one.

"Looking for me?" A voice behind her said.

She jumped and turned around slowly in fear to see who it was.

You smiled sweetly at her.

  For a moment, 'Thirteen' stared at you, her head hanging quite low. You couldn't really see her face because of that. Her hair being in the way wasn't helping either...

  She remembered that it was disrespectful for her to be staring at you directly, so, she quickly looked down once again.

"What's your name?" you asked, tilting your head a little to the right.

  She quickly took a glimpse of you before reluctantly answering, "I- My- My name..."

  You were about to say something but a voice of a woman shifted your attention away.

  "Ah! Lady Y/N..!" the owner said. You greeted her when you saw her. The old lady quickly walked towards you and thanked you once again. 

  At this time, Anita came in and whispered to you ear, "My Lady, we had been outside for 2 hours already, we should get going soon."

  You opened your shoulder bag and took out your phone. Indeed, you had already used quite a lot of time already. 

  You nodded at Anita before turning around to bid farewell to the old lady. The two of you had some small talk again before you decided that it was time for you to leave.

  Looking around again to see where the girl was, you spotted her once again. This time, she was hiding further behind. You smiled and nodded when you saw her looking at you once again.

This time, you left the orphanage without any regrets.

  You were about to get into the car when you heard a small voice calling out to you. Turning around, you saw that it was the girl that you had met before.

'Bally light, do you know who this girl is? '

  "No... I'm going to check the files of her past life," 520 said, getting into work immediately.

The girl was out of breath, she bent over with her hands on her knees.

  "Got it! Wait..." 520 gasped loudly, "S-She's the general that helped Cedric took over the king..!"

  'Huh!? So she's the masked general that helped Cedric big time from the past life...' you unknowingly furrowed your brows at this information.

And 'Thirteen', which had just gathered up enough courage to face you, saw your expression.

  She thought that you were disgusted by her. Disappointed, she was going to go back into the orphanage. But looking around, there was a circle of people surrounding all of you, and whispering to each other. As a result, she could neither go back in, nor go near you.

The owner rushed outside and said, "Thirteen..! Why did you rush out like that?"

Her voice was soft, but it was loud enough for you and those who are near to hear.

  Two weirdly dressed, cloaked forms are seen down the streets. The shorter one stops when he sees an commotion before him.

"Sir?" the other one asked.

The smaller figure squinted his eyes to see what was going on.

"Let's go nearer," he said, his voice almost in a whisper.

  Coming back to your senses, you quickly rearranged your expression, and smiled instead.

Why do you feel so familiar? He furrowed his brows.

He saw your smile. That's it...

Pieces of memories flowed through him. His head started to hurt.

  He started to wobble. He then reached his lean arm out and put his palm on his temples. The other cloaked form saw this and quickly hold out to him.

  It was weird, he shouldn't have met you before. You were just a noble, he shouldn't have a chance to spend these much alone time with you...

But... all he sees is you 

He glared at the girl's adorable face.

'Who exactly are you? '

*★*----------------------------------*★*