life of the party

Start from the beginning

"hi everone," she says into the mic. "my name s rosie nd i juss want you all to know that i hava girlfriend who i love vr much."

people in the club begin to laugh and while i know it's not directed at rosie, just the words she's saying, i still feel uncomfortable for her. i walk over to the stage and climb up, fully intending to gently pry the mic from rosie's hand and pull her off, but then she grabs my wrists and leans in to press a sloppy kiss on my lips. i let out a surprised laugh but let the kiss go for a couple of seconds before pulling back.

"alright, rosie, i think it's time we go home," i say, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"n-no, i wann sing for you first," she says. she stumbles over to the d.j and whispers something to him, grinning when he nods and clicks a button on his laptop. beyoncé's "crazy in love" blares through the club's speakers and i flush in embarrassment when the crowd begins whooping and cheering rosie on. the applause only makes her bolder and she brings the mic up to her lips with an excited grin before beginning to sing along.

it's almost annoying how amazing her voice still is even when she's this drunk. she's one of the best singers i've ever heard and i love it when she sings to me, though usually when it's just the two of us or when we're with our friends. as much as i love her and am enjoying listening to her right now, it's still a little embarrassing pretty much being serenaded in front of a bunch of strangers.

that is until she starts dancing. well, "dancing", i don't think it could actually be described as such. she's basically just jumps around the stage, doing occasional spins and weird jerky body movements. i can't stop myself from bursting out laughing as i watch her and i suddenly feel overwhelmed with my love for her. i never thought i'd be so lucky to find such a beautiful, kind woman, and then i did, and to my joy she wanted me, too. moments like this remind me to never take her for granted because she is just so special.

when her serenading ends, she hands the mic back to the d.j before bowing dramatically to her cheering audience. she wraps her arms around me again after a couple of bows and i'm finally able to take her off the stage and back over to our table. i let lisa, now the only one not talking to someone, know that we're leaving before leading rosie out of the club and towards the cab i'd called earlier. i gently nudge her in as i tell the driver where to go and once we're buckled up, he starts up the car.

rosie turns to me once we're on the way home and my heart melts seeing her pretty eyes staring into mine.

"did you like my song?" she asks.

"of course i did, baby," i reply. "you were very good, thank you."

she grins giddily at that, her already pink cheeks turning even more so and making her look like a cute little cherry. then, she only gets cuter when she lets out a huge yawn, her eyes and nose scrunching up tight. it's so funny how quickly she goes from over-excited, very wide awake drunk rosie to 'i'm about to fall asleep in 0.2 seconds' rosie.

"'m tired," she grumbles.

"we'll be home soon," i promise her. luckily we pull onto our street just a second later so i'm able to pay the driver and tug rosie out of the car before she drops dead asleep on me. i half-carry her into the house and up to our bedroom where she dumps herself on the bed. i huff knowing she's seconds away from falling asleep but is still fully clothed with all her makeup on, and likely not going to be any help in changing that.

"rosie, baby, you have to get changed," i say.

"no, comfy," she says, face muffled by the duvet.

"you don't want to break out, do you? if you don't take your makeup off now you'll get spots all over your pretty little face."

luckily she's not too drunk that my words go right over her head so she pushes herself to sit up and lift her arms up to me. i laugh as i reach down to help her up before quickly stripping her dress off her to put her pyjamas on. after i'm dressed as well, i lead her into the bathroom where we take our makeup off and brush our teeth together, even though i have to prop rosie up on my side while doing so. however, when rosie almost falls head first onto the counter and cracks her head open, i forego the washing of her face and take her back into the bedroom. she immediately flops into bed and burritos herself in the duvet where she promptly drops into the world of the unconscious without another word. i have to laugh at the speed of it all as i climb in beside her, reaching out to turn the bedroom light off. i check my phone one last time before turning in and am forced to physically bite my tongue to hold in my laugh when i see a video of rosie's performance from jennie. i make sure to save it onto my phone, already looking forward to showing it to rosie the next morning just in case she doesn't remember.

i place my phone back down on my bedside table after about a minute and lie down before shuffling closer to rosie. tossing an arm around her waist, i let out a gentle sigh as she settles into the warmth of my body. i end up falling asleep that night with a huge grin on my face, mind solely on my wonderful girl, my life of the party.

hope you liked this!