IMtHPiW?! - 11 (Garyth)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You looked at the girl that is still snuggling against you and quickly changed the conversation, "Let's have a picnic here instead, Gwyneth!"

  She bolted her head up and her grip on you weakened. The girl glanced at her brother then back at you, "Here?... With Brother Cedric?"

  You nodded reluctantly, then turned to Cedric, "Prince Cedric! You'll join us this time, right?"

  Cedric's attention was finally brought back; his mind was making up all sorts of scenarios about you, Gwyneth, and himself. He made a small nod and you jumped in happiness. Gwyneth pouted, she couldn't possibly shoo away her big brother, so she told the maids to bring a picnic blanket here instead.

 Gwyneth pouted, she couldn't possibly shoo away her big brother, so she told the maids to bring a picnic blanket here instead

  You brought out the delicious desserts out, setting them down on the blanket. Gwyneth squealed when she saw the food. She popped a strawberry in her mouth, clasping her hands happily when she tastes the small sweet fruit. Cedric rarely shows noticeable changes in his expressions, but this time, his eyes sparkled in excitement.

  All of you dug into the food. Gwyneth started talking about their little brother's birthday that will be happening quite soon. The princess also talked about how excited she is to eat the delicious food that will be served by that time comes. She stopped midway and stared at you, "Oh, wait... Y/N, you've never met Garyth yet, right?"

  Garyth is the youngest child of the Royal Family, the second child of the queen in reign, and is Cedric's second half-sibling.

  Speaking of Garyth, Cedric tensed up, accidentally choking on a drink that he was enjoying a few seconds ago.

  Before you could answer Gwyneth, you heard the coughing from your left. You and Gwyneth both widened your/her eyes. You quickly move towards Cedric, your hands reaching out to pat his back.

  But before your hands could reach his back, he tensed up once more, bringing his hands up in defense impulsively. You realized that you were making a impolite move, so you moved away and offered him more water in panic instead.

  Not going to lie, you were kind of sad about Cedric's action. Seeing that he still has caution against you, even though the boy already considers you as a friend, makes you worry about what he had to experience to have such a high barrier against others.

  When Cedric finally stopped coughing, he saw Gwyneth's surprised expression... and your sad expression. He immediately focused on you, remembering that he had instinctively blocked your hand. Now that he thinks about it, he's at a lost of what to do to cheer you up now.

  You breathed in deeply before going back to your worried expression, "Are you okay now...? Prince Cedric?"

  Cedric said nothing and just stared at the ground instead of you, after a moment of silence, Gwyneth awkwardly laughed and switched the conversation back to the birthday party.

  Although she doesn't really like her big brother—— because he restricted you from spending as much time together with herself, she was genuinely worried about him for a sec. And seeing that the silence was killing the mood, she tried to casually change the topic into another. So, it was not because that Gwyneth didn't care about Cedric at all, and decided to change the topic as soon as possible.

  Thankfully, Gwyneth's method had worked. You quickly got engaged in the conversation with her again, forgetting about how Cedric had acted towards you. Cedric on the other hand, was actually relieved and thankful to Gwyneth.

  If it weren't for her, he could've been stuck with questions on how to apologize and cheer you up. And of course, Cedric isn't an innocent kid, he's extremely sensitive about how other people act around him. 

He's still a bit jealous though.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Getting home that day, you immediately went into your room after greeting your parents. Your mother originally wanted to remind you about something, but when she saw your little exhausted form, her heart melted. She ordered Anita to take you to your room without any second thoughts.

  You plopped down the bed, burying your face in the soft, plush pillow, exhausted from everything that had just happened today. You had just learned that the party was going to take place in 3 days from Gwyneth.

  It's going to be the 3rd birthday party that Garyth will have, and since the birthday boy is from the royal family... Surely, it will be an extremely big party.

  The royals had already planned it in advance, only giving out the information today. Everyone, from royals to nobles to common citizens, will be eligible to join the party. BUT, only the ones that has their birth certificate shown will be accepted to go inside the party.

  It wasn't like this in the past... but an incident from decades back had caused this to be implemented from then on...

  Anyways, your eyelids couldn't handle it anymore. 520 reassured and 'ordered' you, saying that you should rest for today. Having your little companion's approval, you finally dozed off to sleep without any worries.

It was a dreamless nap.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Uhmmm

Okay sooo, I know that have my summer break right now— but... I had a writer's block, okaayyy?

I was worried about this chapter, not gonna lie. I didn't really know what to write to have my dear readers to enjoy it :((

B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶c̶u̶e̶ !

Anyways, have a nice day! 

Or night!

*★*----------------------------------*★*