IMtHPiW?! - 17 (Unwanted Visitor)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You continued to lay on your bed relaxingly, eating strawberry ice cream, which was Y/N Bell's favorite. Anita came to check you in a few moments ago and notified the news to your parents happily.

  Both of your parents came right back home as soon as they noticed the message sent by Anita. Everyone passing by your room could hear the sounds of crying, but you managed to deal with it and calmed your parents down.

  They finally left when your dad's personal assistant, also a butler, came in and whispered something to him. Looking at your dad's expression, you assumed that it's probably something important.

  "Dad? If you need to do something important, go do it. Don't mind me, I'm already fully recovered! Look——"

You sit up and moved your body and arms around.

  It made both of your parents laugh. Your dad then looked at you adoringly, touched by your understanding.

  Before going, he kept on telling you to stay in bed today to rest well and be obedient. You kept on nodding and urged him to go now before he wastes any more time.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang.

  The doctor was supposed to come to your house today again, so your mother thought that it would be her, since she always come around at this time.

  So, she came down to the ground floor to greet the doctor herself this time, to show more gratitude to her. 

  But when she opened the door, it was a little girl; not the short yet classy person that she had hoped for.

  "Hi, you must be Y/N's lovely mother, Lady Bell!" She smiled and curtsied, "I'm Joanne Villalobos, daughter of the Villalobos family, and a friend of Y/N. I came to see her today."

  This time, the yellow dressed girl from the ball wore a white dress today. Making her soft features pop out more, looking like an angel that has decided to come into the human world.

  Ah, but in contrast of her pure, innocent features, her heart is as filthy as the dirtiest places on earth.

  Your mother got a bit surprised at the sudden guest, but it was gone as quick as it came. Of course, as a pro of maintaining her elegant figure to others, she made a small nod at the girl in front of her.

  "Ah, you're the daughter of the Villalobos, I've heard that your family donated quite a lot of money to the royal's funds for the poor," your mother said with a small smile. Her piercing eyes scanning the girl's eyes, trying to find if she has any ill intensions.

  Of course, Joanne noticed this. She acted as if she was panicking and said, "Ah! I only came by today since I didn't want to disturb Y/N! She massaged me just now and I came as fast as I could."

She lied of course. 

  You finally couldn't help but snicker out loud, causing Rose to look at you confusingly, but seeing that you have your phone in your hand, she just assumed you were watching something funny online and continued reading a book, given from you a while ago.

  Indeed, you ARE watching something funny, but it wasn't from your phone. It was from the live footage that 520 is playing for you to watch. You only got your phone so that you wouldn't look like a crazy person; laughing and making expressions as if you were watching K-drama while staring at nothing at all.

  "Am I dumb? Why would she blatantly lie about that to your mom, master? 「(゚ペ)?" 520 asked.

  'Well... first of all, like anyone would be, no one would waste their time asking and confirming if that statement was true or not in normal instances. Unless if the person is overprotective or nosy.'

'Which my mother wouldn't be.'

  "Huh? But how could you be so sure?" 520 asked once again, wanting to scratch its head, only to realize it doesn't even have hands yet...

  You giggled, 'She tried to make my mother have lower caution against herself by acting all friendly, innocent, and easily frightened. Plus, she's from a pretty well known family, my parents could always find her family if she tries anything funny to me. Which I doubt she'd do for this visit, it would be absolutely stupid if she does.'

  'And about my mom being nosy, it's pretty easy to hire a private detective to check if this is true or not— if she's willing to handle the cost.'

520 'ohh-ed', still a bit confused but kinda got the gist of it.

  'Second of all, even if I somehow got to know about her lying. She doubts that I would break her lie then and there to everyone because of my—— or well... Y/N Bell's personality.'

  'Even if I did... She, a new popular girl with a clear background, would be able to twist the truth and make it as if I, a girl that already has a stain to your reputation, was the one that was at fault.'

  'Third of all, I don't have any friends at my house right now. Again, my known friends are literally the two older siblings of the royal family. Even if they try to help me, maybe most of them would side with me because of their positions, but deep down, most people still wouldn't believe me, since they're friends of mine...'

  Just right after you're done explaining to your little companion, you heard a knock to your door. It's a frowning Anita.

  "My lady, her Grace had ordered me to tell you that your friend..." she said, pursing her lips in annoyance by what she'll said next, "Lady Joanne Villalobos, had come to visit you."

  "I understand," you said, "Lead her to my room, since I promised my dad to rest in bed for today."

  "But—— My lady...!" Rose exclaimed, standing up as soon as you agreed to let her in.

You gave her a determined look.

  Rose wanted to say something more, but seeing the firmness in your eyes, she decided to leave the matter be.

You told the two of them to wait outside as you talk with your 'dear friend.'

  But after that, you continued to put all your focus on your phone, not wanting to give any attention to Joanne.

  Seeing your attitude to herself, her anger rose up, but she maintained her facial expressions.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" She smiled sweetly.

  "Are we close? Close enough to call each other with their first names?" you closed your phone and said, your eyes slowly making their way to lock with hers.

You stared into her eyes in a dead serious way.

  Her smile stiffened at your words, but before she could say anything, you suddenly smiled at her. Changing your mood completely and said, "I'm kidding, thanks for coming and checking up to me!"

Her stunned form soon relaxed from your words.

  "O-Oh, is that so? It's no problem!" she let out a sigh of relief without noticing it, "Ah, I almost forgot, here's a little meeting gift for you!"

  You stared straight into her eyes the whole time while she was talking, which made her extremely uncomfortable. Furrowing her brows in what it seems like... disgust? It was soon gone though.

  The corners of your lips made a small curve as you see her reaction. You decided to stop the extreme eye contact and said happily, "Really?! You're too kind, Joanne..."

  Hmph, don't you want to act? Come on, let's see who'll be the one to first fall in this little game of ours...

*★*----------------------------------*★*