I chuckled dryly.

The pity he and his wife had for me was something else.

I came out of hiding and stared at the place; it was the Park's beach house. It hadn't changed over the past years. How do I know it? It was a long time ago when I was brought here.

With one last look, I walked away. My walk consists of silence though my mind was nowhere quiet.

I was never a curious person – but it always rendered when it came to her. She hid something behind those aloof smiles of hers.

And why the fuck was she alone earlier? Wasn't Jay supposed to be with her or even her elder brother, Kai? How could I forget — the guy's drunk as hell.

I'm stressing myself over something I couldn't have any control over off.

I entered the vicinity and was met with a concerned Junkyu along with the older folks walking toward me.

Lisa only mocked a "You're toasted," while Jennie did an eye roll.

Well, they welcomed me lovingly.

     "I did ask for permission to go out and I arrived unharmed, didn't I?"

     "You're too independent," Dad said. "But you should've informed us still. We were worried."

     "I admit my mistake," I said to them. "I'll be sure to properly tell you next time." I faced Mrs. Manoban. "When's dinner?"

     "I'm glad you said it, dear! Everyone, let's eat dinner!"

Kyu who was clinging to my arm smiled, "I forgive you because it's dinner."

     "Thanks, Kyu."

He let go and ran, sitting beside Mom. I felt a pat on my shoulder, it was Lisa. "Jeongie, you were lucky enough to have her."

     "What happened?" I asked curiously.

She bobbed where Jennie was. "She was about to call up the police when my mom calmed her down."

Jennie was worried, huh? I smiled at the thought though frowned. "She's dramatic as ever, Lisa-unnie. How the fuck did you manage to keep up with her dramatic ass over a year?"

     "That's for another time."

     "You always say that."

She only grinned and sat beside Jennie. I sat beside Kyu. We said our grace and began to eat.

Dinner was fun except for the loving display of two lovebirds in front of me. They never hold back even though they're with the family. And to think, Lisa's still courting Jennie; they're practically married at this point.

I excused myself after eating. I was tired from all the walking, the talk, the respect, and the mask. I laid down on the bed.

I went out earlier to buy some clothes. All was well when I felt the stares. Suffocating that I had the feeling of being strangled.

My breath hitched.

Was that what he felt when I did it?

There's no use mulling over that bastard.

*RING*

I grabbed my phone from the side table and leaned against the headboard. This phone has been used how many times this day? I should turn this off until Monday after this one.

     "Minjeong!!"

     "Chill down, Ri."

     "Where are you? We're at Ning's helping her-"