"I'll try the motor," Eddie said, jumping up, careful not to tip the boat.

I nodded and took the other oar to keep rowing. Eddie pulled and pulled but the motor never turned on. He took long enough for Jason to reach us but stopped and turned around just before his hand could touch the boat.

One of his friends, Patric, had stopped swimming and was quickly pulled under the water. Only a few seconds later, the boy rose from the water. His bones started cracking, just as Eddie had described Chrissy.

The three of us watched in horror, not knowing what to do. Lastly, Patric's jaw snapped and he fell back into the water with incredible force. My breathing increased and my vision started closing in as I panicked. My hearing started to wither away as I was on the brink of passing out.

"Hey, hey. You're okay. It's okay," I could barely make out Eddie's words.

He wrapped his arms around me, giving me any comfort he can. I've seen plenty of fucked up shit but, I've never watched someone die. It doesn't feel real.

"I, uh, I'm good. I'm fine," I say as my vision comes back.

_____

Eddie and I sneak our way into a construction site.

'Wait here," he says as he sneaks over to one of the worker's belts.

I waited, leaning against a tree with food and drinks in both of my arms. Eddie was taking a radio since ours ran out of battery and Dustin didn't give us anything to replace the dead battery with.

"Okay, got it! Let's go," He whispers, running back to me.

We made our way to skull rock and sat underneath it. I dropped the food onto the ground, grabbing a bag of chips and a water. Eddie told me that Steve, Robin, Nancy, Dustin, and a couple of Dustin's friends were on their way to us.

"Do you think Jason still has his heart set on you being Chrissy's killer?" I asked, twisting open my water bottle.

"Well, Jason thinks Hellfire is a cult. Why would he change his mind? He's just some high school prick with loads of scholarships to grow up and be nobody," he smiled at me, pushing off his knees to stand up. He puts his hands behind his back. "I took over the family business, we own a car dealership," Eddie says, impersonating Jason.

I laugh at his impression as he bowed before seating himself next to me.

"You're right about him though," I say, taking a sip of my water. "He is a prick."

Eddie laughs.

We go on to talk about random stories of our past, like personal stuff. Eddie is a great listener and always replies with the perfect things.

Dustin and Steve push their way through leaves and branches and finally, find us. Robin, Nancy, Lucas, and Max all follow after. We explain everything we can, in as accurate detail as possible.

_____

"I hate the lake," Steve mumbles but everyone hears.

"Too bad, Steve-o," Robin said, ruffling his hair as she walks onto the boat.

"Great, another boat ride," Eddie sighed, following after Robin.

"The gate's gotta be in there!" Dustin said, excitedly, looking at his compass.

"In the lake... nice," Max said sarcastically.

"Guys you know what that means right?" Dustin asks, looking between everyone. "Watergate, you know... Nixon," He laughed but no one was amused.

I rolled my eyes at him and laughed to myself.

"Wow, Dustin! I never would've thought of that!" Lucas let out a sarcastic laugh, patting Dustin on the back.

Eddie let out his hand to me and bowed. "M'lady."

I laughed, taking his hand and stepping into the boat. "Thank you, good sir."

"Oh come on!" Dustin whined. "Eddie, that's my sister!" He continued to whine.

"Shut it before I throw you in the water and you can find the gate yourself, yeah?" Eddie threatened, jokingly.

Dustin rolled his eyes and attempted to step in. I put my hand on his head, pushing him out of the boat. "Sorry little dude, boat only fits four."

Dustin huffed in frustration. "Come on, please!"

I shook my head in response.

"Hey, Henderson," Steve called to Dustin but the both of us looked at him. He held his hand out to Dustin.

Dustin rolled his eyes, handing him the compass.

"Don't sink the boat, dickheads!" He yelled, still mad.

"We won't," Nancy smiled to him as she pushed the boat from the shore then hopped in.

Dustin threw his hands up in frustration. "You said only four!"

Eddie and I shrugged at him.

"Bye, kids! Behave! Don't forget to brush your teeth before bed!" Robin called out, waving to the kids.

Robin and I laughed as we rowed farther and farther into the lake, following this wack-ass compass.

_____

Author's Note: Thank you for 1k reads! That's like... a thousand people. But really, truly thank you and I will thank y'all for every milestone because, I feel bad if I don't and want to appreciate you guys!