Top 3 Melayu Patani Traditions

3 Melayu Patani Traditions
Patani (or three provinces and four districts in southern Thailand), was once a country in the Nusantara archipelago. and most of the population are Malayu nationals Although it is only in the past, Patani has preserved its beautiful culture. In this article, I will talk about 3 traditions that stand out in the Patani area.
The number one thing that stands out in Patani is its language. The language spoken by most of the people is Malayu and of course, that is the primary language spoken by the people. And still conservative writing in the Malayu Yawi alphabet, which has its origin in the Arabic alphabet. Nowadays, few people use it for reading and writing. Most people choose to use the Malayu  Rumi alphabet which is derived from the English alphabet. But it would still be nice to have a tadika (Taman Didikan Kanak-Kanak) or religious school for young children (elementary school) that has subjects taught on this subject. and a fascinating culture Because each region of Patani has a different accent. Also, some things are called differently. And I believe that Patani will retain the language of the area for as long as possible.
The second tradition of Patani is Ketupat Palas. Locals usually do it when there are important Islamic days such as Eid-Fitr and Eid-Adha. Its types are diverse. It is made with black glutinous rice and mixed with beans. Or normal white glutinous rice, fragrant, oily taste, some houses may have a sweet or salty taste, depending on the taste of each household member. Can be eaten by dipping or dipping with sweetened condensed milk, Beef curry, or sweet boiled fish. Up to each house, Ketupat Palas is not just food on important days. On a normal day, most people can cook if they want to eat. It is also the main dish on important days.
The last tradition is to dress. Of course, most Malayu tends to dress in Baju Malayu (men) and Baju Kurung (female) attire at ceremonies or important events. But nowadays, most teenagers are turning to wearing Malayu costumes. Maybe it's because the media has reached out and made the youth of today pay more attention to traditions and culture. But if it's a normal day or general Men usually wear sarongs, pelikat and shirts. Women often wear batik, sarongs, blouses, kain lepas to cover their heads and shoulders, and kupiah during religious ceremonies such as Friday prayers. Women wear tight clothing or sarong batik. Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha and in the wedding ceremony can see men in bajuteluk belanga and women in baju Some religious Muslim men wear beards and kupiahs on their heads. While some devout Muslim women wear clothing that covers the entire body except the hands and face. Some of the most austere people wore black robes covering their entire body except their eyes. Their hands were gloved and their feet were stocked. Not every time most people wear that kind of dress. Most will follow the western trend. but not forgetting the ethnic traditions and culture.
What is the role of the Malays of Patani in preserving and building the Malayu cultural tradition of Patani. Patani in ancient times had a variety of traditions and cultures, ranging from food, toys, life, entertainment and clothing. However, over time, it is disappearing so the Malay tradition and culture of Patani remain a little in use both among the elderly and among the youth. Then the Malay tradition and culture of Patani to the present so that it can be maintained and rebuilt by the youth and organizations.
Meanwhile, the values of Patani Malayu tradition and culture, such as old items that have been used, but the creativity of the youth of Patani to maintain the traditions and culture of Patani for the dissemination of developments through online media so that it can give awareness to the community. The Malayu culture and traditions of Patani have been designed in such a way so that the people of Patani love their own traditions and culture the most, the result in maintaining and building not only the people of Patani who like it but also foreigners.
With the preservation of the Malayu culture of Patani in various ways so that the Malayu culture can be replanted to the Malayu people of Patani. So that there is a desire to apply and re-teach the importance of Malay cultural customs to slow down a Malayu area or region. Because Patani Malayu customs teach a lot about the importance of brotherhood. Descendants, between communities and other communities.