Chapter 2: The Mallrat

Start from the beginning

The line drops. Angrily Y/N put the phone on the wall.

Hopper: Everything okay?

Y/N: I'm not sure.

[Store]

Hopper marches into the store smiling at Joyce with the biggest grin on his face.

Hopper: Emotions have been shared. Boundaries have been set. Order...has been... restored.

Joyce: Wait, wait, it worked?

Hopper: Uh, this is the first day in six long, excruciating months that they will not be seeing each other. Yes, I think it worked! Yes!

Joyce: Hop?

Hopper: It's all you. I'm a puppet, you're the master.

Joyce: So you remembered everything?

Hopper: Yeah, yeah. I mean, I had to improvise a little bit, you know? It turns out, getting to Jane, now that was the key.

Joyce: Jim!

Hopper freezes and turns to Joyce who motioning her eyes over. Hopper turns to find Terry who's sits at the counter.

Hopper: I know how this seems but...I didn't break them up, just gave them a proximity check.

Terry: Hop, to us that is breaking them up.

Hopper: Nope. I told Jane that they can still see each other, same rules apply but no 24/7 kissing or any other that lovey stuff they do.

Terry: Hopper you don't get to control them.

Hopper: I'm not, I'm trying to have a peaceful relationship with them where they don't break the rules, I tried the hardass way and it didn't work, I tried the Joyce way and it worked.

Terry: And what exactly did you tell my daughter?

Hopper: I told her in the nice way that she and Y/N qre allowed to continue to date, I told her that in a few months after he's allowed out in public that they can continue to do whatever they want just not in my house.

Terry: And how exactly did she take this? 

Hopper: She didn't like it at first but I calmly told her how things would be.

Joyce: And you didn't yell at her?

Hopper: I'll tell you everything over dinner. I was thinking, you know, Enzo's,

tonight, 7:00. Hey, before you say no, I'd... I'd like to make one thing crystal clear. This is not a date.

Joyce: Wait, a date?

Terry: You two are like high school crushes.

Joyce: You never said anything about a date.

Hopper: I know, I didn't say anything about a date. I just wanted to clear it up in case there was any confusion on your part.

Joyce: There's not.