Chapter 59: Running Out Of Time (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"Now blast her silly cloud away with your fire and counter my scientist!" Paradox declared his attack for you to take. You cry wince from the super intense pain you were receiving from the attack from both of his duel monsters. Your life points drained down from 4,000 to 1,400. You pant heavily from the hit "Feel the pain women? That's because our duel isn't just some duel. My monster's attacks are very real." This news would have been nice to know from the beginning. Then again, you did force him into this duel. His payback of this only made sense. You held your arm out to the side "You activated my trap card. Aegis Of Gaia." You breathlessly announced. Paradox gasps seeing your life points go up on his duel runners duel disk screen. All the way from 1,400 to 4,400 points! He whipped his head back over to you "With this trap card I am allowed to gain 3,000 life points. Oh and whenever my Cloudian monster is destroyed in battle, I am allowed 2 cloudian tokens on my field." Two copies of your cloud monster from before appeared on your field with the monster's original attack and defense points which were 0. You take your arm back to hold your duel runner. Making a turn with Paradox "Better luck next time." You taunted the maniac, he growled in response. With a huff his dragon disappears from the field "I am only allowed to have my fusion dragon monster for my turn. He goes back to my extra deck. Fortunate for you this turn. Though, come my next turn and he will be back to wipe out your life points again." He slipped the card back in his extra deck. He placed a face down on his field "I play a face down and end my turn." Paradox concluded his turn with having a single speed counter.

It was now your turn again with 2 speed counters now. Luckily you survived that last attack thanks to that trap card. You almost forgotten how tough these turbo duels were without normal spell cards. With normal spell cards you could easily equip and counter your opponent's monsters to keep an even ground. Have a longer lasting duel. Turbo duels were not duels to be long lasting. They were meant to be quick and make everyone on edge of how quickly these duels can end in a flash. You face forward and take a deep breath. Close your eyes. Your middle and index fingers over your deck 'Just feel the flow (Y/n) like Yuma. Believe in the heart of the cards (Y/n) like Yugi and Yami. Oh if either of them could see me dueling right now. I bet they both would be super ecstatic seeing me doing a duel like this.' You thought with a smile as you drew your card from your deck with this new turn of yours. You looked down at the card you drew that you added into your hand. "Everything is now in place." You grin as you hold your card in your hand "I summon the tuner monster, Reese The Ice Mistress!" A woman with short red hair and in baby blue and golden armor. A baby blue star on her forearms. 2 streak markings on her cheeks and a headdress that looked lovely on the woman. She had a big icicle shooting blaster with her in her hands. Ready to take down any enemy in her way. "A tuner monster that low?" Paradox scoffed at the duel monsters potential in this turn you were having. Reese only had 800 in both attack and defense points. She also was a level 2 tuner monster.

Paradox saw your field of low level monsters that were mostly water type attributed. "I'm not done." You snapped at him with a serious tone in your voice. Making Paradox flinch by your tone. "My mistress of ice, is the key to my victory and to your downfall Paradox!" A set of 3 green glowing gears appear in front of your monsters. Paradox finally clicked what you were planning with your low level monsters. "No! Not this early in the duel!" Paradox was not happy with what he was about to witness. You held your hand up with your card "Even though I am not allowed to tribute summon with my cloud tokens, I can still Synchro summon with them. With my cloudians and my Reese the Ice Mistress, My 2 non-tuner monsters and my tuner monster, I am allowed to synchro summon an old friend of mine!" Your monsters flew through the gears and transformed into the ball level of the monster card you held up "TRISHULA, DRAGON OF THE ICE BARRIER!!!!" You shout out as the balls of light brighten to shoot out a thick green set of light. Emerging from the light's depths was a 3 headed icy dragon with red stones on their foreheads. They flew beside your duel runner on your field with a cold breeze left behind them while they were up in the air. Paradox was shocked to see the attack points of this powerful cold beast. The dragon had 2,700 attack points and 2,000 defense points. Over 200 attack points higher than Yusei's Stardust Dragon, both dragons had the same defense points.