𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫|Motorcycle

Start from the beginning

My mind was to engrossed in the book I'm reading that I didn't even notice the figure standing in front of me until the sunlight disappeared from book pages.

Looking up from my book, I roll my eyes when I see Jacob along with the rest of the football team staring down at me.

"Came to watch me play?" He smirks down at me.

"I'd rather die." I reply, glaring at me him and standing up from the bleachers before walking away from him.

He grabs my wrist and forces me to turn around. "Not so fast."

I yank my wrist away from his grip and raise my eyebrows. "We're over, stop following me."

He frowns and his eyes flare with rage. "I've tried so hard to be nice to you Audrey but you're testing me. Leave with me or else I'll—"

He's interrupted when a deep voice speaks from beside me. "Or else you'll what, hm?" I turn my head to the side, where Matteo is now standing.

I'm left speechless when my eyes roam over the numerous guys standing behind him. His teammates, who were glaring at Jacob.

The whole goddamn team.

Matteo pulls me towards his side and wraps an arm protectively around my waist. "You leave, she stays." He orders and the tone in his voice is enough to make Jacob stumble back a step slightly. "I also don't like it when people touch what's mine."

"So you're bringing your fucking guys over now?" Jacob scoffs, shaking his head. "Better watch your back, Matteo." He purposely nudges his shoulder as he walks past us with his teammates.

A giggle escapes my lips when Grey trips him up with his foot when he walks past him. "Watch your step there, big guy." He pats his shoulder and grins at him as Jacob glares at him.

"Let me see." Matteo grumbles, gently grabbing my wrist and examining the red mark on it.

"It's alright, Matt." I say softly, looking up at him but his gaze stays fixated on my wrist.

His jaw is clenched tightly and his eyes have darkened drastically as he runs his thumb along the mark. "I'll fucking kill him." He says lowly.

"That's not necessary, Matteo." I reply, rubbing his forearm.

He kisses my inner wrist and then intertwines his hand with mine before dragging me to God knows where. His movements are hurried and I open my mouth to question him about where the fuck we're going but he's dragging underneath the bleachers and the next thing I know, his lips are on mine.

I can feel his desperation as he kisses me with hunger and when I open my mouth slightly, he slips his tongue inside. His hands cup my cheeks and I melt into the security of his arms, drunk on the taste of his lips against mine.

"Mine." He says against my mouth before breaking the kiss so I can catch my breath. "Are you okay?" He murmurs, brushing him thumb along my cheeks.

I hum in response and lean into his tender touch. "Why's everyone here?" I ask him after a few minutes of silence.

"We were going to go out for lunch. Want to come?"

"Sure." I smile up at him and he grins back, leading me back to the guys.

"Where did you two run off to?" AJ questions, raising his eyebrows at us with a smirk on his face. 

"No where." I clear my throat.

"Uh-huh." He nods his head slowly and pokes the corner of his mouth with his tongue.

"Let's go eat. I'm starving." Sam whines.

"Let's go fatass." Logan ruffles Sam's ginger hair and leads the way to the schools parking lot.

When we get outside I see that everyone brought their motorcycles rather than their cars todays. Even Matteo.

He leads me towards his black motorcycle and takes the helmet of the handle before pulling me closer to him by the waist as he rests his rear against the bike.

"For you, princess." He says, putting the helmet on my head and adjusting the straps for me.

"Your only helmet?" I ask him.

"Mhm. Can't let anything happen to you." He replies, pecking my forehead and leaning off his bike.

"Al, come on." I hear Grey say and when I turn my head to the side, I see him dragging my best friend towards his bike.

"Grey, I have work to do." She groans.

"Do it later." He replies, putting a helmet on her.

"Hop on, pretty girl." Matteo says, twisting the throttle and making the engine roar to life. Sighing, I get on his bike and wrap my arms around his waist. "Hold on to me tightly."

I nod my head in response and tighten my grip around him as he follows the guys out of the parking lot. The wind ruffles his brunette hair as he speeds down the busy roads of New York. He dips his bike dangerously close to the road and my grip around him tightens. I don't miss the stupid smirk on his face when I do so.

We stop at a red light eventually so I pinch his side, making him thrash. A small laugh escapes my lips when he leans back slightly and drums his fingers against my thighs.

Looking over to my side, I see Grey and Alyssa bobbing their heads to some music that's playing on his phone.

The light soon turns green so Matteo leans off me and rides off again. After taking a few more turns, we finally arrive at a diner downtown. Matteo parks the bike and climbs off before helping me with my helmet. He holds his hand out towards me so I take it as he helps me off his bike.

"Do I have helmet hair?" I frown when he starts chuckling.

"Come here, darling." He grins, holding my hips and tugging me towards his body.

I smile up at him, watching as he smoothes out my hair for me and once he's done, he pecks my lips then leads me inside the diner.