Is It Forgiveness?

Start from the beginning

I gasped out, my breath hitching, "I want to leave,".

Kieran continued to work, like he never heard me.

I furrowed my eyebrows tightly together to the point where it was stressing my face, my jaw was clenched down so hard it popped and my pride finally snapped from the string it was hanging on.

I stomped towards the closet, grabbing a tote back and stuffing the only clothes I had to my name in it. I tossed it over my shoulder and walked right back out with my head held high.

"What are you doing?" Kieran said, no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

"I'm leaving," I answered, walking past him.

"You're not going anywhere," I heard him scoff.

I continued to walk away, feeling his eyes finally walk over me the way I've been wanting.

"Sit down," he said.

I grabbed the door handle. My heart beat making my body shake.

"SURIAH!" He yelled, I stopped, "Sit back-,".

"NO!" I snapped, cutting him off.

I built the courage to turn around, finding him staring at me with his head tilted low and his eyebrow raised and lips pursed. Telling me I made more than a mistake.

"Excuse me?" He mumbled, the low pitch of his voice rattling my bones.

"No," I gasped, "I want to leave. I want to leave, right now!".

My lip quivered even when I told myself that I could do this. My body felt numb even if I tried to encourage myself. I shut my eyes tightly, I held the strap of the bag before turning on my heels and walking right out of the room. Kieran's steps following behind me.

I can do this. I can. He can't stop me.

"Suriah," He called out.

I quickened my pace down the stairs, practically speed walking at the point. My feet wouldn't stop even if Kieran's suffocating presence was only inches behind me.

"Suriah," Kieran was able to grab the end of my bag and pull me back.

I let the bag slip from my shoulder, giving it all to him but it didn't stop me from walking away. I heard Kieran drop the bag behind me and I wasn't even able to get more than two steps forward. Kieran pulled my arm, yanking me back to him and keeping me in a grip I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out of. But still, my hopes were higher than my fear.

I slammed my fists against his chest, frantically trying to push us apart but he only held me closer. I cried out, for myself, crying out because I wasn't able to get him away from me.

"Get off of me!" I grunted.

"Suriah, calm down," Kieran said quietly. I punched around even more.

"NO!" I yelled.

"Calm-,".

"Don't," I reached up and slapped him across the face harder than I've ever done, "TOUCH ME!".

He released me. I took the opening to further the distance between us. Kieran turned his head back towards me with a red stinging print left on his face. I couldn't keep myself from breathing out harshly.

"Don't," I warned.

Kieran took a step forward, "Suriah,".

"DON'T" I yelled, stepping back.