chapter 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

The woman stood, her sword out in display as she stared down at the girl. Her face softened ever so slightly. "I should have given you a bigger knife." Rearing her arm back, she forced it down, cutting cleanly through the thick rope.

Suddenly, Red began to shift with a growl, and Maisie tumbled. Just as Crow went to stab her, he fell, falling down the divot. Sarah and Maisie shared a look, before they jumped into the water.

The crew of the Inevitable shouted in fear as Red roared, her crimson body looming over the ship. They immediately leaped over the railing, and into the water below. 

Red let out a loud growl as her eyelids drooped close again, the poison still coursing through her veins. She stumbled to the side, her large body crashing through one of the castle towers. The Inevitable, which was in her way, sunk down below her.

The king and queen gasped as she fell again, and they looked over the balcony, letting out a frightened exhale when her eye opened, revealing the menacing yellow of her iris's. 

With might, Red growled as she regained her footing, standing to her full height. The queen scowled, quickly looking around to her soldiers. "The hunters brought the beast to the very heart of our kingdom!"

"For your queen, for all that is good, strike it down!" the king commanded, pointing his chubby finger at Red.

"Cannoneers! Take position!" the General ordered, unsheathing her sword and holding it out. The soldiers headed her call, and soon enough, dozens upon dozens of men and women rolled out the canons, propping and setting them up. 

But the poison overwhelmed Red again as she collapsed, the water riveting in waves around her as her head smashed through the docking path. The villagers screamed as they scrambled away as she stood again, shaking the debris off. 

"Prepare to fire!"

Crow grunted as he emerged from the water, crawling through the rubble to the royal statue, showcasing the king and queen of old, with the first hunter in the center, all three holding up the ceremonial lance. 

Red rumbled with anger when she saw the castle, and the royal balcony. She submerged, teeth bared, her horn piercing the water. 

The king and queen gasped in fear, as they spun around, running into the castle. They pushed anyone who was in their way, not caring for the lives of their devoted soldiers. "Out of our ways, you fools!"

Crow ripped the spear from the statue, turning and holding it close as Red coursed her head through the stone. He jumped off the side with a groan, barely escaping the wreckage. He yelled out as the floor below fractured, his body flying forward, and the lance slipping from his hold. He turned on his back, to stare at Red, whose growls seem to vibrate the very earth below. Her hatred-filled gaze on him, for she remembered him. Very clearly. Lunging down, her mouth wide open-

"STOP!" Crow shook with terror as he lowered his arm, astonished to find Maisie, standing in front of Red, who glared down at her. She growled softly, and her gaze softened at the girl. The entire kingdom watched in bewilderment as the Red Bluster heeded the call of this girl. Red hissed, and Maisie continued, "If you do this, it never ends." She growled again in retaliation, as if questioning her.

Crow glanced to the side of metal scraping against rock, and looked up, finding you and Jacob. He lifted the spear, whilst holding your hand with his free one as we walked over to Maisie. The girl beamed, already seeming to know your confession, before turning serious again.

Red growled softly, slightly backing up at the weapon. Jacob looked down at Maisie, and nodded, before looking back at Red. 

He raised the spear up, holding it high. "NO MORE MONSTER HUNTING!" he yelled out, before slamming the lance down on his knee. You let out a relieved exhale when it snapped in half. He dropped the shattered weapon away, and softly entwined your fingers again as you shared a small smile.