you had looked so... depressed.

absolutely devastated, really.

so what was going on in that human head of yours?

usually hunter was very good at reading people, you know, always having to observe and everything, and it sort of freaked him out that he could barely read you.

had he lost his touch?

no, that couldnt be it. he could easily read the others just fine.

maybe if he just asked, the reasonable side of him provided, but the anxious-teenager-with-a-crush side wanted him to just stare at you longingly.

maybe he could do both.

hunter gently placed his scarred hand on your forearm, and you jumped as if he had burnt you.

you turned to look at him with wide, glassy eyes, that slightly dilated as soon as your gaze landed on him.

the concern must have shown on his face, as you mumbled an 'im okay' before turning back to the movie and shrinking further into your blankets, part of which you tossed over him.

his ears warmed at the small act, and he faced the screen once more.

you were much closer now, and it made his stomach squirm awkwardly.

he was so tempted to just-

his face flamed at the thought of inching his hand closer to yours under the blanket, and he immediately tucked both hands into his lap.

'keep your sweaty boy hands to yourself, hunter!! you'd only make things awkward!'

the logical and the crush side were arguing again, and he let out a soft sigh before trying to actually relax and pay attention to the movie you had picked.

it was your favorite, so he had to pay attention to each part very closely so he could bring it up in conversation with you.

god, he was pathetic.

~ ✰ ★ ✰ ~

after the movie was finished, and the moon had risen high in the sky, everyone was extremely tired.

you all blinked drearily, and yawned, before luz spoke up.

"i have room for a couple of you guys to sleep on the floor in my room if you dont wanna sleep down here! obviously, sweet potato, you'll be with me-"

amity's faced lit up at the implication that they would "sleep together" and she softly grabbed luz's hand and nodded.

you were about to speak up and ask if you could room with luz, but gus and willow beat you to it.

what a coincidence.

you were so going to kill those two later.

"i guess that leaves you two on the couch!"

luz suggestively noted before speeding up the stairs with the other three behind her, shouting a 'GOODNIGHT!!' before you heard her door slam.