19 - A Friend Who Teaches You

Start from the beginning

"That's what I like to hear."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."
_______________________

I eventually pull up to the school, which was currently empty because of my lack of good time management skills. The first class didn't start for two hours, so I had more than enough time on my hands.

Nic and I had hung up less than twenty minutes ago, and I didn't want to call him again while I slowly panicked. The nerves were starting to kick in, causing a few chills to come over my body every few minutes.

I decided to pull out my sketchbook and look at the picture I took of Mikasa the night I stayed with her. There was a large smile on her pale face as she held the box up. Her shaggy hair was slightly messy as lied down, barely touching her shoulders. She was easily one of the most beautiful people I knew.

So, I began sketching her. She was one of those people that deserved to have people admire her. She was art. I was intently focused, making sure to highlight every beautiful part of her, which is every detail about her. Every part of her was beautiful from the inside out.

An hour quickly goes by as I softly sing the lyrics to whatever songs were playing, intensely focusing on finishing the rough sketch of her. It was messy, no doubt. There were several parts of it that needed work. I wanted to make sure I captured every beautiful inch of her.

I sigh, putting my back.

"Gosh, about time you get out of that trance. I was convinced you'd never realize I was here."

Armin's face appears by my window, causing me to jump. He was dressed in blue jeans and a dark grey sweater. His hair was slightly messy, probably from how early it was.

"Armin!" I roll down my window, "You scared the hell out of me!" I was panting, feeling my heart thumping loud and fast in my chest.

"Sorry!" He chuckles, "I just saw you sitting here...why are you so early?" He looks at the clock on his phone.

I furrow my brows at him, closing my sketchbook.

"Why are you here so early?"

"Fair enough." He retreats, "Actually, I was going to go say hi to Hange before class started. Want to come?"

"Yeah, sounds good." I turn off my car, grabbing my bag with all my necessities in it.

Armin and I start walking out of the empty lot, eventually starting to walk on this brick sidewalk. I look around at all the buildings, the old rustic bricks making up the multiple buildings. Each building was enormous, the gothic renaissance architecture impaling the sky.

"This campus is beautiful," I say, breaking the silence between us.

The morning sky was a pale blue and still, like a lake fresh in the morning with some fog levitating over it. I swore if I could touch it that there would be ripples throughout the sky. The moon was still out, saying good morning to everyone who was awake before she parted with us for the day.

"Right? It's supposedly historic too." He glances around, taking in the atmosphere.

We continue to walk, passing a courtyard with multiple statues and empty tables. He motions for me to follow him into one of the buildings past the courtyard.

The inside of the building had warm cream walls that were covered in multiple pieces of art. Each piece was huge, taking up most of the height of the walls entirely. Some were colorful, while others had more of a rough sketch look. I admired each one as we walked by, trying to draw meaning and emotion behind them.