Sulphur

The man looked like the photos had portrayed. This was one of their easier targets. 

He was wearing a dirty white tuxedo with a black shirt. Gold rings shined, as three adored his wrinkled hands.

"He hasn't paid his protection money.'' the woman giving the contract said.

The young HITMAN listening to the woman nodded. He relayed the information to his partner in crime. She was at the location of the target.

Target was inaugurating his first car showroom. The Target stood out, with long white hair, a goatee and moustache, and a height of well over 6 feet. Not to mention his old age did nothing to dampen his energy. A pair of black goggles and he was the most stylish grandpa you could find in this city.

Gaurav, the young man who received the contract was in an apartment not far away from the showroom. He was wielding a sniper rifle, and was looking carefully for the Target. He checked around just in case. And sure enough, taking the shot was a risk.

The Target was deliberately standing on a dais with a sturdy acrylic ceiling. He was not dumb, and neither was Gaurav because he knew trying to shoot the target would give away his location, while also not killing him.

Shruti, the girl on the ground, was contacted by Gaurav, who told that she would be assassinating the Target. Initially not happy, Shruti went ahead with the plan.

She knew the dais would be useful. She had 2 options, either from below, or from above. From below, she could drop a bomb under the dais, which can explode and send the old Target to death faster. But the dais was also built by an indian builder, which explains how the sturdy bulletproof ceiling rotated slightly from side to side by the action of wind. The ceiling was only fixed at two places to the dais instead of four, and this meant that loosening the screws at these two points will drop the ceiling on the Target.

The problem with the ceiling was, there was no guarantee the Target would die. And it would be hard to get that close to the ceiling and work something on it with so many people around.

Shruti tried to think of something. And now, the inauguration was over and the Target started walking in. 

Shruti's heart raced faster as she tried to think of something to do.

Oh well, she thought. Might do it the hit and run way, she thought. She moved closer to the Target, and the people moving with her helped camouflage her. 

She was nearest to the Target. She had a gun, alright, but she knew using it was no good.

The best thing to do here was to politely shake the Target's hand.

Shruti just jutted her hand out in front of the target, pretending to not know what to say. The Target was amused by the action of this poor girl to congratulate him. He leaned closer and said, "You say Congratulations."

Shruti did her best to mess up saying that word.

''Congorjulashuns.'' she muttered to the Target. The Target laughed a little. He straightened up, and felt another girl hugging his leg. This one was younger, maybe eleven or something, and also had a fairer complexion. The Target shook this girl off, visibly angered at her clinginess, and shooed her away. She tried to hug him more, but he just pushed her away, until Shruti caught the girl.

"Leke jao is gareeb bachhi ko, tumhare basti me Gori ke liye jagah nhi toh kalah bana lo apne jaise." The Target said scornfully.

["Take away this poor girl, if this white girl doesn't belong in your slum, turn her black like yourself"]

The words hurt the little girl, but not Shruti. She's gotten used to the dirtiest abuses from the cleanest mouths of the rich. She picked up the girl, whose name was Vibha and walked away from there.

"Don't mind that old man. He's going to be dead soon."

"Yes. I placed it perfectly. He didn't even know."

The two girls stood at a good distance.

The Target was asked for an autograph. He produced a pen to write it with, but to his surprise, this one was not his.

Hmm, maybe someone left their pen with him?

Baaam!

The best thing about the car showroom was that it was a Mahindra car showroom. Most Mahindra showrooms are coloured primarily red. This was helpful, as the parts of the target that flew onto the showroom exterior landed on the red spots, and so were easily hidden.

People screamed, and to make believe, Shruti and Vibha also started screaming with the crowd, rushing and panicking. A few men were caught, and the girls were not even suspected. Shruti and Vibha ran and saw the railway station.

Byculla Railway station

Shruti and Vibha hopped onto a train headed for Vashi, and then changed trains back to Sion.

Gaurav was already at their hideout, counting the money he received once again to make sure all of it was here.

25 lac rupees.

When Shruti and Vibha got there too, he counted the money again, showing each note in glorious conquest, and Vibha hopped each time 10000 rupees was counted.

Shruti was happy too, but didn't show it.

As usual, while Gaurav stashed the money away and Shruti cooked up some food, Vibha hopped around like a little baby, jumping near Shruti and asking her a question, then jumping near Gaurav and asking him another question. 

After having annoyed both of them, she was told to read a book.

Near their hideout was a small garbage dealer. Vibha was given some money and was sent out to 'buy the supplies'. She first went to the garbage dealer and asked him to give her a book. For Vibha, it didn't matter what book she was taking, she anyways wasn't gonna read it. So the dealer handed her a book on 9th chemistry and told her to be about her way.

She then bought the supplies, which included some harmless compunds, a lot of pens, a bottle of booze, there were so many types she didn't know which one she was taking home, and the funny leaves that Gaurav and Shruti burnt which gave Vibha crazy dreams.

After this she walked back home and gave the things to Shruti. Shruti sighed a little, and Vibha went to ripping the pages out of her latest snatch, or, 'reading' the book. By chance, she glanced upon this special something called Sulphur.

"What's Soolfoo?" Vibha asked.

"Sulphur, idiot." Shruti replied back sharply.

"Sulphur is the first ingredient that goes into making a bullet. The laying brick for guns." Shruti said.

"Guns!" Vibha said while finger shooting at Shruti.