IMtHPiW?! - 26 (Party Pooper)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You took one last glance outside before going into the lavish mansion. Before you could even set foot into the luxurious property, you could already hear the music and the sounds of people talking.

  On your way to the main ballroom, you greeted several ladies and gentlemen, a bit surprised that it's pretty crowded for a wide hallway.

  It wasn't long until you finally made it to your destination. You looked around, observing and memorizing everything along the way. Remembering how the map that Cedric drew and gave to you last night looks like, you could now confirm if the map is accurate or not.

  It's not like you don't trust Cedric, it's just that you don't trust Lord Villalobos. He's mysterious, and it's safer to just be aware of him. After all, you don't know him at all, even 520 couldn't find that much information about him. Which is REALLY weird.

Unless he's not important to the plot? 

  But you doubt that's the case... how could a father never question about his daughter's whereabouts?

  Your own father sends some spies around to keep you safe, it's especially common for the wealthier and more powerful families. So, unless that your rival's father-daughter relationship is awful, there's something fishy going on here.

  Continuing to walk around the place to explore more, you eventually stumble upon the prince and the birthday girl talking. You hid and peeked at them secretly, because of how far your are, you couldn't really hear what they are saying. Of course, 520 quickly flashily show itself and made the scene into a livestream for you to see.

  Basically, they're flirting. Well, it's one-sided, but that's not the point.

  You knew that there's no way that Cedric would be interested in her, so——

  "Aren't they cute?" a voice of a man interrupted you.

  You turned around and quickly stop what you were doing. Surprised to see the lord himself here. Nevertheless, you greeted him with respect, which led him to chuckle gently.

  He sighed and and turned his gaze back to the two teens, "Oh, to be young——" He then glanced at you, "You must be... the daughter of the Bells, Y/N Bell, right?"

You nodded at him, replying as respectful as possible.

"Oh goodness, you wouldn't mind them being together frequently today, right? Since today's my daughter's birthday, after all."

Like father, like daughter... annoying as ever.

  Everyone, even the littlest of kids, knew that the two of you have a thing for each other. Seems like he's trying to rub salt into your wound.

Too bad—— you're not that dumb to fall for it.

  You smiled genuinely at him, "Not at all, both Cedric and Joanne are my friends! And as you said, since it's her birthday today, it's only natural that us, friends, would do anything to make her happy."

  He smiled back at you, seemingly to not be phased by your statement at all. Before you could say something, he advised you to stay in the ballroom instead of wandering around. You knew you had no choice in this matter anymore. Thus, you let the maid that he had called over to lead you back to the party.