Chapter 2 - The House of Dimitrescu

Start from the beginning

Y/N sighed, knowing that he had no other choice but to play along for now, and he began to ascend the stairs, sword in hand, eyes flicking left, right, up, down, over his shoulder and in front. He would take no chances. As he moved, Y/N's mind began to turn, sorting the information he had already learned and planning ahead. No doubt, they meant to kill him. Why? It didn't matter. Fun, pleasure, for blood? The only difference being how much time or pain he was to receive before the inevitable end.

With the sword sat lightly on his shoulder, Y/N reached the top of the stairs. He hoped that the sword would be unnessecary, but if the worst came to pass he was sure he would be able to utilise its weight to his advantage. Cautiously, he glanced down the corridor to his left, and his right, then glanced up to see another door in front of him. Quickly, he moved across the landing and tried it, but to no avail.

'Hmm... found anything interesting?'

Y/N tensed as a soft, low buzzing filled the air. Turning around, he saw a small cloud of black flies materializing at both ends of the hallway, out of which stepped two, black-clad figures. Both of them were very obviously women (their figure-hugging black gowns made that very clear) and both of their faces were very clearly covered in scarlet blood. Their black lips parted in near-identical grins as the black fly-clouds seemed to melt into their skin, their pearly teeth bared hungrily as their eyes raked over Y/N.

Slowly, Y/N readjusted the grip on his sword, his eyes flicking between the two women, his other hand rattling the doorknob behind him again, as if hoping it might have unlocked sometime in the last few seconds. It hadn't.

'Aww... poor manthing.' The one on Y/N's left, whose bright red hair which seemed to match the blood around her mouth in the candlelight, moved a few steps closer to him, her head cocked pityingly as she pouted. 'Nowhere to run?'

Y/N didn't speak, instead he eyed the dark-haired twin who was also moving towards him across the landing, her limbs lithe, stalking forwards with a predatory gleam in her golden irises.

'Hmmm... I haven't cut open a man in a while...' she murmured, her eyes fixed on Y/N's jugular.

That did it.

Y/N took a slow, deep breath, noting absentmidedly that the two women seemed to almost shiver in pleasure at the sound, then twisted sharply, the sword flying from his shoulder and slicing horizontally through the air.

At once, the two women exploded into swarms of black insects, and Y/N lunged between them, sprinting for the balcony. He dashed down the stairs, glancing behind him to see the two shadowy figures flying down the stairs behind him, and vaulted the banister, dropping to the ground. Y/N rolled, coming to his feet, sword held ready, and the two swarms filtered smoothly through the banister before solidifying upon the black and white floor, facing him.

'Mm... bad boy,' The redhead murmured, pulling a curved sickle from the folds of her dress, 'you can't go anywhere...' She dived towards him in a whirl of black insects, and Y/N frantically hauled the sword up as the sickle scythed towards his neck, the resulting inpact sending shockwaves through his wrists from the sheer force. The redhead yanked his sword down - god she was strong! - and leant in, baring her teeth and opening wide. Realizing that she meant to tear into his neck, Y/N spun past her, barely dodging the snap of her canines, and nearly ran straight into the other woman, who wasted no time in diving straight at Y/N.

Y/N dodged sideways, swinging the sword straight at the woman's neck, but just as it made impact she exploded once again into the black swarm of flies, which shot towards him, fluttering over his face and arms. Blindly, Y/N swung his sword, and the swarm dissipated, allowing him to see the two women standing ready before him.