Y/n was doing her final touches on her makeup in the downstairs foyer, applying a new lipgloss she just bought at the mall.
Her mom stepped up from behind her admiring her daughter, and how beautiful she is.

"You look gorgeous honey" y/ns mom said.
"so do you mom, you look hot" y/n winked at her mom, making her blush. Y/ns mom didn't dress up much, but when she did y/n always made sure she felt good.

Y/n was wearing a pretty white dress that was low cut and had an open back. The bottom reached her mid thighs, and the straps were fluttery, just a flirty little detail. Her little kitten heels clicked on the wood flooring as she stepped back to admire herself, something about growing up in New York made y/n very vain, always looking at herself in mirrors, always dressing to impress, something that the people of Hawkins didn't do.

Sure, Y/n seemed to be very vain, but really she just wanted to impress whoever saw her. Her friends always dressed to the nines, not a hair misplaced, and their makeup perfectly applied. She wanted to impress her friends, she wanted them to see her at her best. And maybe she also wanted to impress that mystery person who left notes in her locker.

The doorbell ringing made y/n jump out of her thoughts, she gave a quick squealing smile to her mother who went to open the door.

"Hi, handsome" y/ns mom greeted Wayne with a kiss on the lips.
"Wow you look beautiful" the man's voice rang throughout the front half of the house.

"Wayne, this is my girl, y/n" she moved further into the home letting Wayne walk into the home.
"Hi" y/n stuck her hand out for the man to shake.
"It's very nice to meet you, your mom talks so much bout you" Wayne smiled shaking y/ns hand softly.

"This is my boy, my nephew" Wayne stepped to the side revealing the lanky curly haired boy.

"Oh hi" y/n furrowed her eyebrows, she was under the impression that it was just going to be the three of them, she didn't know someone else was going to be there.
"Hi" his hand came up to shake y/ns.
"It's nice to meet you" Eddie's voice was shaky, he had no idea y/n was the daughter of Wayne's girlfriend. He was stunned to see her standing there. Although she stood there in her small heels, looking as angelic as ever, he was happy to see her. He had never thought he'd ever meet her for real. Now there she is, shaking his hand.

"I'm Eddie" he didn't want to remove his hand from hers, her hands were so soft and perfectly manicured. She felt better than he could have ever thought.

"I'm y/n, it's nice to finally meet you" y/n smiled, he looked prettier up close. Much better than when he stood on the table at lunch. He wore light wash jeans with no holes and a plain black long sleeve button up, he looked so handsome. Y/n tried not to pine over him as he stood in her home.

"Finally?" Eddie raised his eyebrows, releasing his grip on y/ns hand.
"Yeah I've seen you around, I mean I meant to say hi and all.." y/ns voice trailed off as she awkwardly looked around at the decorations on the wall.
"Oh" Eddie wasn't sure what to say, he was stunned... stunned that someone as pretty as y/n had noticed him.
"I meant to say hi to you as well" Eddie shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels.

Y/ns  voice was like an orchestra of violins and harps and Eddie's ears. It was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. He always imagined what her voice would sound like, but it sounded even better than his made up one. She was even prettier than she was in the fluorescent lights of the school. He thought he could melt away, his body burning in her presence.

It was like when you look at the clouds on a semi cloudy day, and you see the rays of sunshine peak through the openings of the clouds, like heaven is pouring down onto earth. That's what y/n reminded Eddie of; heaven spilling down into the world.