"How are you feeling?"

"Babe, I'm good."

"Great. Once you feel all better we will be going back to the main territory."

"Huh? No, I'm not leaving with you. We just got here!"

She really looked forward to visiting the other pack houses, he knew it. It upset her greatly how he was changing his mind about his promised journey. She endured the long car ride and for what? Nothing.

He growled.

The way she spoke almost summoned his wolf to the surface. Her wolf was making its presence known, her alpha tone not wavering with each word she uttered. It was daring Andrin's wolf to disagree with hers.

"Do you honestly think I'll let you be around my family when they're the reason you suddenly blacked out?" His canines came to view once again.

He respected his mate but somehow he just couldn't let go unnoticed how she just used a powerful tone on him. He growled and expected her to retaliate but she just whimpered.

"I'm sorry." Guilt consumed him when he realized that he had scared her.

He was about to stand up and leave but she held his hand and kissed it.

"I'm sorry, too. I think I have worried you too much. I'm perfectly fine and I really wanna get to know them. Look, I was just taken aback by everything happening all at once. It's nothing new. I'm sorry."

His brows met and he lifted her chin up to have her meet his gaze.

"Don't apologize. You didn't make any mistake."

They stared at each other for who knows how long, getting lost in each other's tantalizing eyes. In that moment, everything was forgiven and forgotten.

They were soon drawn back to reality by his mother clearing her throat.

"I'm sure your mate would love to sit down with us for dinner and tour the territory tomorrow. Don't you, dear?"

She blushed realizing that they weren't the only ones in the room. When she looked at the old woman's hopeful eyes, she felt like it was impossible to say no, so she nodded and gave her mate a begging look.

"Fine. But if you cause her harm in any way, this will be the last time you'll ever hear from us." He gritted his teeth, "You're gonna be the death of me, woman."

Vashti squealed and pushed him away to give Karrie a tight hug which she gladly returned.

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Vashti, these boys' one and only mommy."

The guys in the room groaned in sync. They made their mother swear to them to never mention to anyone how each one of them is a mommy's boy.

"Hi. I-I'm Karina R-ravens."

"Mom, please, give the poor girl some space."

The guy that had the most similar features with her mate shot her a sympathetic look.

"I'm Rage, second born and no, I'm not as destructive as you think given my name. Nice to meet you." He flashed her a smile and gave her a wave.

The two other boys that were beside him stepped forward at the same time and also gave her a wave.

"I'm Jaxon."

"And I'm Vernon."

"And we're--"

Karina stood up so suddenly that her vision started spinning.

"Easy, kitty." Andrin held her waist to help her regain balance.

"You're twins! How did I not notice it before?" She looked at her mate accusingly, "How could you not tell me this before?"

He just shrugged at her and she rolled her eyes at him, slapping his hands away. She diverted her look at the twins again who were now showing off the dimples on their cheeks with their contagious smiles.

"Wow. At least one of you is happy to see us." Jaxon raised a brow at Andrin.

He was about to answer his brother's smartass remark when a pack maid interrupted them.

"Dinner is ready, Alphas."

Darren was the first to head out of the door. The rest of the boys followed leaving her with a pouting Vashti.

"That was my husband Darren. Don't mind him, dear. He and your mate just need to sort things out." Her shoulders sagged, "He's usually welcoming."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Grey. I'm sure they'll come around soon." She said noticing the shift in her mood.

"Oh, just call me Vashti, dear."

She nodded and gave the sweet old lady a comforting embrace.

"Babe, get your cute little ass down here!" Andrin's voice suddenly echoed.

Vashti giggled and pulled away to look at her flustered face.

She groaned and wanted nothing more than to disappear rather than go down and meet everyone in the dining table. The Greys were really something.