She takes my hand in hers.

Hailee: You can't tell me I'm not the only one interested in this situation.
Me: I guess I could be swayed.
Hailee: Let me take you somewhere, tonight.
Me: I have to...
Hailee: Ollie's fine with it. You get off at 4, I'll be waiting. Just, wear something smartish. And don't be drunk, or off your face.

She turns on her heels and heads to the door.

Me: What does smartish even mean?
Hailee: I laid out an outfit on your bed, wear that.

She closes the door behind her, leaving me with my beer.

Me: What the fuck am I getting myself into?
Ollie: Y/N, they want you back.
Me: I've barely finished my fucking beer, Oliver.

He storms in.

Ollie: Stop calling me Oliver, I'm serious.

I laugh, slapping his cheek slightly, and wandering out of the trailer, back to set.

Later that afternoon...

Despite Hailee's outfit choice being pretty good, I change my mind and finish lacing up my converse after pairing them with black skinny jeans, and a black T-shirt, and take one last sip of my 4th beer, then check myself in the mirror.

Me: Why am I even nervous? It's just a date.

Throwing the bottle in the bin, I grab my trademark leather jacket and wander out onto the parking lot, just as Hailee's driver pulls up in a blacked out Merc.

Me: Fancy.
Hailee: Thanks. I'm a little offended that you didn't put on my choice though.
Me: Oh, you look great too.

I hop into the back of the car with her, and we drive to a posh restaurant in Beverly Hills. Some paps photograph Hailee as I walk behind her. I know the drill when you're following a well known face; keep your head down and don't give them anything.

We head into the restaurant, sitting down at the back to eat.

Me: You ordered for me already?
Hailee: Yeah, Ollie told me you always have carbonara.
Me: Um, yeah...I do. You think I can get served in here?
Hailee: Definitely not.

I grab the waiters attention.

Me: Could I have a bottle of Bud please?

The waiter nods, smiling, then heads off to the bar to grab my drink.

Hailee: How?!
Me: Confidence is key.
Hailee: I thought I said don't be drunk.

The waiter comes back and places the bottle down.

Me: I'm not drunk.
Hailee: I can smell you from here. How many did you have?
Me: A couple. Call it a nerve settler.
Hailee: You, nervous? I don't believe that for one second.

We spend most of the night joking and laughing at each other, getting to know the stupid stuff, until the waiter places the bill down. I grab it quickly from Hailee.

Hailee: This is my date, I'll pay.
Me: Absolutely not.

I take the cash out of my pocket, and place it down, ensuring there's a decent tip.

Hailee: You really are an asshole. Ollie said you'd do that.
Me: Nobody pays for me, they never have. Probably never will. It's just how I am, is that okay?
Hailee: You mean you're never going to let me pay for anything?
Me: Probably not.
Hailee: Is that a Geordie thing?

My eyes light up at the reference, she's done her research.

Me: Um, I guess. How do you...
Hailee: I read into the north east of England a little. I didn't know if you were a Geordie, there's a lot of different names for people from there.
Me: No, I'm a Geordie, through and through. So you've done your research.
Hailee: I'd love to know more, if you'll tell me.
Me: Where's my element of mystery if I tell you more?
Hailee: I guess you'll just have to trust me. Ready to go?
Me: Mhm.

I stand up, handing Hailee my jacket from the back of my chair, and wander out of the restaurant behind her again as the paps continue.

Paparazzi in the UK know who I am, so as soon as these photos come out, I know there'll be questions asked, and I don't think Hailee quite knows how popular I am in the UK

Paparazzi in the UK know who I am, so as soon as these photos come out, I know there'll be questions asked, and I don't think Hailee quite knows how popular I am in the UK. I guess she's about to find out.

We get back in the car and drive back to my apartment. I let her in first, handing her a drink and me a beer. Ollie left a note saying he'd gone to a bar for the evening.

Hailee plants herself on the couch and takes a sip of her drink.

Hailee: How did you get this place?
Me: Management team paid for it while I'm here.
Hailee: I get the feeling you're a much bigger deal back home than what you give away.
Me: I like being a nobody here, nobody cares for me.
Hailee: And back home?
Me: That's a different story.
Hailee: You knew Kaya.
Me: We were in a show together in the UK for a few years, Skins. I've been acting since I was like 11.
Hailee: And literally nobody knows you here?
Me: Basically, it's quiet. I love it here. I'll move here one day, but not just yet.
Hailee: How come?
Me: I have too much to do back home still. But, you never know. Someone could sweep me off my feet and make me want to come back sooner.
Hailee: What do I have to do to make that me?
Me: Well, I'd say you were doing an okay job so far, so I guess just keep being you.

She smirks and takes another drink from her glass, continuing to look at me curiously.

Me: Thank you.
Hailee: I didn't do anything.
Me: For tonight. For doing your research about where I'm from. For not googling me the first opportunity you got.
Hailee: Oh, so you are a big deal. Maybe I should have.
Me: No, don't. I like that you just speak to me like a human. And I know you get it...the media and stuff, and the fans, and the people just using you for a photo, fake friends etcetera. But this is different, I'm literally an unknown over here, it's the way I want it to be until I move here full time. Is that okay?
Hailee: Are you asking me to hide that we're kinda dating?
Me: No, god no! I would never ask you to do that, but I might just not be as touchy with you in public for now. As soon as those photos get sold to the UK, it changes everything, so let's just keep a lower profile while we're getting to know each other.
Hailee: Deal. I like the sound of that too.