The Devil Walks Among Us

Start from the beginning

"There you are, M-madara! It's nice seeing you again." Ruby stuttered when she reached him, offering a hesitant smile which Madara replicated, albeit much smaller.

"I concur. And who is this you've brought before me?" Ruby let out a small laugh at Madara's seriousness, making him shake his head softly. Ruby gestured to Yang.

"This is my sister, Yang. She's been wanting to meet you ever since I told her about last night." Yang extended a hand towards Madara, looking him over.

"Nice to meet you, Madara~ And I must say, you've found yourself a looker, sis!" Yang cackled as Madara gingerly took her hand. Ruby blushed as red as her namesake and put her hands over her face in embarrassment.

"Yang!!! I told you it's not like that!"

Meanwhile, Madara rolled his eyes at such a notion. He had no interest in romance, he never had. Perhaps that was because he had always been focused on his ambitions, but living in a world where those you love slowly died around you left most unwilling to form unnecessary bonds. Furthermore, he was far too old for Ruby. Even if he was in a teenager's body, he was almost 100 at this point.

"I wish I could say the same about you." He greeted with a smirk. To her credit, Yang didn't anger, instead laughing aloud. "And he's feisty too! Damn, Ruby! I think I'm getting jealous!" Ruby moaned and she sunk further into her hands, desperately trying to disappear.

Madara only sighed as he glanced over to the side and out of the window.

How much longer until they got to Beacon?

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madara couldn't help but admire the sight before him as he stepped off of the airship. He had expected Beacon to be big, but this place was massive. It easily dwarfed any building he had ever seen. Spires pierced the heavens above, towers lined with stone and glass. Sprawling courtyards with luscious green grass and a beautiful fountain.

He speed-walked from the Bullhead and through the courtyards. He had made little conversation with either Yang or Ruby. He had nothing to talk about. He knew little about this world. But that didn't stop the two sisters from trying to make conversation. He could tolerate Ruby, partly because of her resemblance to the dead, but Yang had been beginning to get on his nerves.

That was why he had told them that he would speak with them again soon, but that he wanted to take a look around beforehand. Ruby had seemed reluctant for him to leave, but he had remedied that by promising that he would return soon.

'This place truly is impressive. However, that weird feeling is throwing me off a bit.'

Something strange was up with Beacon. Ever Since he had set foot on land, he had been sensing a strange energy coming from somewhere below the school. His Sage Mode had allowed him to stretch his senses out to it, and it didn't feel like chakra or aura. It was akin to the strange energy he had felt emanating from Ozpin and his cane, or the girl in red on the airship. But this one seemed...different. Broken, slowly fading.

Madara resolved to check it out at a later date.

But currently he was making his way into the ballroom, where all first years were supposed to be headed. He hadn't seen many students yet, so he assumed that he was probably late. He didn't really care though, he preferred to arrive last anyway.

He would always be the last to enter. Someone may take him by surprise if he's not.

So with those thoughts in mind, he entered the ballroom, arriving just in time to hear the tailend of Hashirama Ozpin's speech. Something to do with wasted potential or something. Madara inwardly glared at the old man. His potential had peaked years ago.