||Chapter 1: The Crash||

Start from the beginning

Mia then closed her eyes for a minute, but when she opened it, she was in a different place. What? Where am I? Mia asked. It's all an illusion. Wake up. The voice said. It's your fault Mia. It's always your fault. You don't deserve your brother, your friends, and your family. You don't deserve anything. The voice added. Shut up! You don't know anything about my life! Mia stated. A person suddenly appeared in the same realm. Au..Audrey?! Mia said. She sounded happy. She ran to her "old friend". Get away from me freak! Audrey exclaimed. Wh-What? Mia stuttered. You're nothing but a disappointment. You were never my friend. Audrey said as she slapped Mia. She gasped as she woke up. Thank goodness! We thought that we lost you there. The doctor said. What happened? Mia groaned. We found a screw inside you. We were wondering how you didn't feel pain. Turns out it was stuck between your intestines. Mainly your jejunum, but we got it out now. The doctor stated. Oh, well. Thanks. Where are my friends? She asked. They're outside. Do you want me to call them? The doc replied. Sure. Mia said. Alright, they'll come in a minute. Just recover for a while. He said. Okay, thanks doc. Mia said with a smile. The doctor left the room. Mia was dumbfounded. After years of suffering, she finally saw Audrey. She looked the same, but she was different. She never called me a freak before. What happened to her? Mia sobbed. She was quick to wipe her tears when she heard the door open. Mia! The two squealed. We thought something was wrong with you. Lyn said. The doctors said that you're going to get discharged later. Miles informed. That's good news. Mia said. Yea. What was stuck inside you anyways? Miles asked. Oh that? It was just a screw. Mia said. Miles and Lyn looked at each other. They were shocked. Just?! Lyn exclaimed. Eh, don't worry about it. At least it's not in my body anymore, right? Mia said. Yeah, I guess so. Miles said. How long have I been here? Mia asked. I think you've been here for about 2 days. Lyn answered. Oh. Well, I guess I can get discharged later. I have lots of things to do. Mia said. Like what exactly? Miles asked. Something like getting the car fixed. Mia stated. Oh, I got that fixed for you. Miles said. He was worried about her sister. An hour after surgery and already planning to do work. He thought to himself. I-I still have something to do. Mia stammered. Once again, like what? Miles said sternly. Like- Mia said but she was cut off. Sis, you just got surgery. You should let us do the work. You shouldn't do anything. Just recover. Miles scolded. I-I'm sorry. Please d-don't get mad. Mia stuttered. I'm sorry sis, I didn't mean to scare you. And I'm mad, but not at you. Miles said, trying to calm Mia down. An hour passes by and they get Mia discharged.

Thank you for paying my bill. I-I promise I'll pay you back. Mia said in a softer voice. It's alright sis. You don't have to pay me back. Just promise me that you won't do any work while you recover alright? Miles said. Okay. Thank you. Mia replied. Shortly after, she yawned. Miles chuckled. Sleepy already? He said. Yea. Kind of. Mia answered. Don't worry, we're almost home. Miles stated. Mia closed her eyes. She was back to where she was when she met her ex best friend. What am I doing here?! She exclaimed. I have been trapped here for years now. I haven't been in the real world for so long. It's time that I get replaced. MUAHAHAHA. The voice said in an evil manner. Mia trembled in fear. A long black vine started to chase her. She ran as fast as she could. After minutes of running, she was exhausted. Mia looked behind and saw that the vine was gone. She paused for a minute to catch her breath. She then heard a sniffle behind her. It was Audrey. She was rocking back and forth, crying, sniffling. Even though Audrey was her ex best friend, Mia still felt bad. She looked behind and saw the vine getting closer and closer. She dodged it, and ran to Audrey. Mia hugged and comforted her. Hey, it's alright. Why are you crying? She asked. Audrey didn't answer. She was too busy crying over something that Mia couldn't know. It's alright if you don't tell me. I am always here for you. Mia said as she hugged Audrey. It wasn't really your typical hug. It was more of a protective one. The vine then slowly crept away and vanished into the darkness. I'll get you next time Mia. It said. Mia snapped back to reality. She woke up in her room. What happened? This is so weird. What's going on? She thought to herself. Hey sis. Are you alright there? Miles asked as he entered her room. He sat beside his sister. Yea, just a weird dream. Mia said. Been happening a lot more recently. She added. That'll pass, what kind of dreams do you have anyways? Miles asked. Eh, just black vines chasing me. Nothing more, nothing less. Mia stated. Oh, jeez. That's skin-crawling. Miles said. Yea, it was scary when I first saw it. But you get used to it after a few nights. Mia explained. Well, I hope you're fine. Miles said. What happened to your eye by the way? Is it ok? Miles added. Yea, it's alright. Still recovering. Mia said. That's good to hear. Just, don't be afraid to come to us if you need help, alright? Miles said. Okay, thank you. Mia replied. Miles smiled and left her room. Mia went to the bathroom and took the eyepatch off. Wha- what happened? Mia stuttered. She was left in shock when she saw that her left eye turned from dark red to red. Her pupil was almost consumed by the red pigment. What happened to my pupil?! She thought. She panted in panic. She was unaware of what was going on inside her body. She washed her face and changed her eye patch to a new one. She heard her brother calling her name. Coming! She yelled. She went out of the bathroom.