Ugh the way he calls Vanitas 69 makes my skin crawl I dig my nails into my leg trying to control my urge to murder this man.

Roland and his ungodly cheerful self speak up with a hand raised in the air "I have a question doctor if I may be so bold, I heard you experiment on vampires here why would you do such a crazy thing?"

The doctor is confused "pardon?"

But Vanitas jumps to the doctor's defense "he means you are doing great work and wants to hear about it straight form the source."

"Oh, I see well my isn't that a commendable attitude" he clears his throat "I have always hoped that maybe I could become a vampire myself one day. When the church scouted my help one day long ago I greed to assist them with their empire research out of a simple intellectual curiosity." He starts to stomp his feet like a child "But the more I learned about those fascinating creatures the more I became fixated on a single thought and that thought was. That vampires are a new human species the very apex of evolution walking side by side with mankind. When I learned this, I knew I must become one of their great species post haste, but no those fools responded as I was some lunatic." He bangs his feet and hands "And so countless hours of my time were wasted not fair you have no idea how difficult my life has been since then. Don't you see after the vampire of the blue moon attacked my laboratory and stole my children away nothing was ever the same. All of my creations were destroyed I lost everything I had and then just to top it off the incident of my experiments brought the attention to the church. I was nearly executed for it! it was an awful day, no the worst day!"

He throughs a fit like a child I now see why Vanitas knows that flattery works on him he acts like a child why not speak to him like one.

Vanitas has a cool and even demeanor about him "that sounds like a mess I do apologize doctor." I think to myself that he must have secretly enjoyed hearing how horrible his life was flipped upside down because of his work.

The doctor feels nothing but love for his 69 grabbing him into a hug "oh my goodness please don't think that I am angry with you dear number 69 you were an outstanding specimen I would never dare say otherwise. You gladly cooperated with each and every experiment you were sliced and diced to the brink of death." The doctor gets on one knee in front of Vanitas as he holds his hand tenderly "Yet you never breathed a word of complaint against me child I am so delighted to see that you have returned to the laboratory where you belong. Your hear to assist me with my experiments, aren't you?"

What little of a heart I had left broke.

Vanitas has always been a pain in my ass so self-assured, so fucking quick witted, always two steps ahead in any plan, hes reckless, impulsive, flippant.

But he was mine...

I mean ours...Mine and Noe's.

I could see he struggled with something but God dammit I didn't think it was this. With every turn of the corner, I find something new about him and its never any closer to the light. I was about to stand up and squeeze the life out of the doctor, but Vanitas's voice rang through.

His voice was Sicking sweet the small smile on his face made me want to slap him silly "How could I do otherwise as soon as I heard about the disappearing vampires in Paris I rushed right over here. I knew in my mind that it must have been you fighting valiantly to complete your important work. But doctor your housed inside the chaussures den hasn't it been a hindrance to be alone with the very people who exiled you in the first place."

The doctor is loving the attention his previous experiment is giving him with a cheerful attitude he replies with a laugh "you would think so, but it hasn't. Besides I am not truly alone I have an exiled person on my side." The doctor's expression turns grim like he had a terrible secret he was hiding, it probably was.