Across campus, Ember was waking up in his dorm. He had left the party early last night after he realized he wouldn't be getting a response from Cat that night. He rolled over and disconnected his phone from the charger. He bolted upright and had to double check. Cat had added him back. He rapidly unlocked his phone and opened her message. She said she would go to the party with him!

Ember had a pep in his step all week thanks to his new plans with Cat. They rocked and cup pong and as far as he knew, Tree wouldn't be there to get in the way this time so he could ask Cat out properly. The week went so slowly because of how excited he was.

Cat on the other hand, had a very normal paced week. She breezed through Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were a little harder and like always, Friday was the hardest. By the time Friday rolled around, she had forgotten about the party. Well, until Ember messaged her about it.

'Hey Kitty! You ready for the party?'

'Yeah yeah, send the address?'

'Yeah here: XXXXXXXXXXXX'
'See you at 7'

Cat frowned at the double text. Was he really this excited for a silly collage party? Either way she spent the time until the party packing a small bag and getting ready. She wore her favorite black leggings and a long-sleeved crop top. She styled her hair into a high ponytail between her ears and headed out the door.

Ember was at the party an hour early due to his excitement. He wore a pair of black jeans and a maroon-colored hoodie. His orange eyes scanned each face that entered the front door. He was waiting for Cat as if his life depended on it. When he saw her walk through the door his heart soared beyond the clouds. Cat scanned the area before her eyes landed on him and she walked over.

"Hey Ember! Are you ready to kick some ass tonight?" She said with a smile, "I know I am!"

Ember laughed and wrapped her up in a hug, "You know I am kitty cat! Let's go, I grabbed us a fresh pack of ping pong balls before anyone else got here."

Cat smiled. He had remembered that new balls were part of her luck. They gathered around the table and so did the other teams. Cat and Ember watched other teams play and drink but also played and drank themselves. It wasn't long before the championship rolled around. It was Cat and Ember, as expected, against a pair of girls named Cherry and Berry. 

"Come on Ember! Don't choke now!" Cat half encouraged the man as he lined up his shot. 

They had just one cup left while Cherry and Berry had two. He had to make this. He had to do this to win and to impress Cat. He suddenly turned to her with a proposition.

"If I make this last shot," he leaned in close to whisper in one of her ears, "You have to give me a kiss."

Cat, tipsy and desperate to win, thought nothing of it and agreed, "Alright, if you make this then I'll kiss you."

With the deal in place Ember took the shot. The ball seemed to move in slow motion. It hit the rim of the cup before falling into the cup, the ball now coated in the sticky sweet alcohol. Cat jumped onto Ember, cheering that they had won. She pulled away and smiled at him. She jumped out of his arms before grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"Where are we going what about-" Ember started but Cat cut him off. 

"A deal is a deal." She said as she opened a door to an empty bedroom.

Ember's eyes widened and his cheeks flushed. Cat didn't wait for him to process and just pulled him further into the room. She pushed him back onto the bed and climbed into his lap. She smirked before she leaned in and kissed him. Ember felt like there were fireworks going off inside of his heart right now. His arms wrapped around her waist as he reciprocated the kiss. He maneuvered the rest of the way onto the bed and slid a hand into her hair.

Cat worked with him, moving closer as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Ember licked at her lips, hoping he would open them for her. Just as her lips parted, a song filled the air. It was Cat's phone. She frowned and pulled it out from her pocket, but her eyes grew when she saw who it was. She answered it, much to Ember's dismay.  

"Tree, you never call what is it?" Cat asked.

Ember's smile disappeared. Just when he thought he was home free from the stupid man did he come back again. He was like weeds in a garden.

"A ski trip? You're leaving tomorrow?" Cat asked, slowly climbing off of Ember. "No. I'm not busy, I'll come see you right now."

Cat waved goodbye to Ember and shut the door behind her. Ember was left on the bed having lost to Tree yet again. How could Cat just up and leave him like that? They weren't even a couple or maybe someone had finally tamed Cat.