CHAPTER 5: White

Max POV

"Alright now. Enough sleeping, lazy head. It's time to wake up."

It's been a week since the accident. I have been spending my time at the hospital most days and nights except when I have some important meeting at the office, then my mom or Mike will come over to replace me at the hospital.

Joe came too sometime. But he has been busy lately, and he also hasn't been acting like himself lately. I reckon it has something to do with a certain woman in his life. I will figure it out soon. I have my ways. I just need to make sure nobody is taking advantage of him. Especially gold diggers. He is my only brother. So it's my job to protect him. And I am very protective to those I love.

"Aren't you tired from sleeping?" I shake her arm again.

The doctors already have Ella's chest tube out. And she is no longer on the ventilator to help her breathe. I was so happy when I found out that she was progressing well and she could breathe spontaneously by herself.

But, why hasn't she woken up yet?

Ella POV

My head hurts so bad. My body feels like I have been hit by a truck. I have sharp pain in my left chest. My arm hurts. It's like something repetitively hit my arm right on the same spot. I wanted to shout stop it! But, words just don't come out. My eyelids are very heavy. I tried to open my eyes again, but failed. But, I managed to let a small whimper out.

"Erghh.." I can't even hear myself.

Why do I feel this way?

It hurts so bad.

I heard noises. People talking. Moving. Then, I feel hands holding mine.

I heard a man's voice.

Is he talking to me?

Then, I feel that sting on my arm again.

Stop that! You're hurting me!

"Arrggghhhh..." I managed to whimper louder this time.

"Ella, are you okay? Are you hurting? Do something for her, dammit!"

There, I heard him again.

Is he talking to me?

"Mr Xavier I suggest you move over so we can have a look at her, please."

This time it sounded different. But, my hand was free now. It feels empty. I don't like it.

Who are these people?

I don't understand.

What happened? This time I managed to slowly open my eyes. Too bright. Everything is white. It looks familiar and foreign at the same time.

"Ella, can you hear me? My name is Doctor Michael. Can you tell me what you remember?"

Is he talking to me?

I look around the room. There are two men and a woman. The man who called himself Doctor Michael is in white just like the lady in white.

White.

Familiar.

And, the other man. He is in white shirt and jeans. He has messy dirty blonde hair like he has been running his finger on it many times. He comes closer to me.

Wow. He is good looking. I look around me again. White. All white. I know white.

Who are these people? What happened?

"Ella." Said the man in jeans.

I look around me again. Everything so white. White makes me feel safe.

The man who called himself Doctor Michael put his hand on my face and checked my eyes. I give him a strange look. And, push his hand off me. Get your hand to yourself buddy.

"Can you tell me what's your name?" I look at Doctor Michael and the lady in white. Then I look at the man in jeans. The man in jeans has my hand in his. He makes me feel safe.

"Can you tell me what's your name?" Asked Doctor Michael again.

"White." I finally said.

The two men were looking at each other. And, their gaze fell back on me.

Why are they so weird? Just leave me alone already.

"Your name is Ella Adam. And, you were in an accident a week ago. Do you remember any of these?" said Doctor Michael again. He was looking at me. So, I figured he was talking to me.

Ella Adam? That's my name? Accident? What is he talking about?

I stared at him and shook my head. My head hurts.

Now, where am I? What happened?

Doctor Michael then asked me to move my hands and legs. I did as he said. I just wanted all this over. Just leave me alone. My head hurts. My throat is sore. Everything is killing me.

"Water."

The lady in white walked to me after she reached a glass of water and sat me up in bed. The two men were talking to each other and walked out of the room. I can't hear what they were talking about. But, I'm happy to be left alone.

I guess I was drinking too fast when I suddenly choked and coughed. I whimpered as I held my chest.

Sharp Pain.

"Slow down, now. You had the tracheal tube removed recently so your throat might feel a bit sore." Said the lady in white.

Tracheal tube, what?? What was she talking about?

"Hey, you okay?" Asked the man in jeans as he sat on the bed and cupped my face in his hands.

I nodded and couldn't help but just stare at him. He has beautiful dark green eyes with a touch of dark blue in the middle of it. Yeah, he is that close that I can actually tell what his exact eyes colour are. What a pretty view.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He had a sweet smile as he answered "I'm Max. And I'm a friend"

Oh. He is my friend? What a good looking friend I have there. But, how come I don't remember him. I don't remember anything. I remember white. All white.

Oh my god, my head hurts. This time I can't help but press my hands on my head hoping it might help with the pain.

"No no you are not supposed to do that baby girl." Max grabbed my hands in his and kept it away from my head.

Baby girl. I smile. Max? He called me baby girl? I like baby girl. But, right now my head and everything hurts so bad.

I whimpered again and this time I couldn't stop my tears from dropping and Max hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"It's alright now. I got you." He said.

This feels foreign. I don't remember Max. I don't remember this feeling.

...

Hello my beautiful readers, so what do you think of their first interaction? Sweet? Cringe?

😁 I know.

Don't forget to leave me some love by voting and comments. xo

z