CHAPTER 27: Running away

Ella POV

I feel like shit! I have been sitting on the bathroom floor for almost an hour now, throwing up my stomach contents.

I've had a hangover before and I know what it's like to feel sick. But, this just doesn't feel quite right.

How much did I drink last night?

I woke up to an empty bed this morning. I remember how angry Maxwell was last night. He scared me when he was like that.

I remember asking for a man who loves me and who is a little possessive in the past. Maxwell was all that. And, after he told me what happened between him and his ex, I should have understood why he reacted like that.

But, I'm not her. I'm not that kind of person. I would never do that kind of thing to him. He needs to just trust me a little.

I tried to get up from the bathroom floor and that's when my head spun and I slipped and landed on the floor.

The next thing I saw was, black.

Max POV

"What happened?"

I was in the middle of a meeting when I received a phone call from Sebastian telling me that Ella is in the hospital.

"I found her on your bathroom floor."

I walk closer to her bed. She looks so pale but doesn't seem to have any injury.

"Mr Xavier." A female doctor came in with a nurse. She nodded at me.

"Where's Michael? How come he wasn't the one seeing her?"

"I don't think that's necessary..."

"I want Michael here now! And, who are you to tell me otherwise?!"

"My name is Dr Elizabeth and I spoke to Dr Michael earlier. I am well aware about her previous injuries. This time, she just passed out because she had low blood pressure."

"That's it?" It can't be it. She looks too young to even know what she's talking about.

"I want Michael here now. I want him to run more tests!"

"We can't. She is pregnant. And, that's why I'll be seeing her. I'm an oby. Unless you want her to be seen by someone else."

I look at her surprise. Did she say pregnant? Ella is pregnant?

"Are you sure?"

"We ran a blood test and urine test earlier. Urine test was positive for pregnancy. We'll run an ultrasound later when she is awake."

Pregnant. A baby.

But, with all her drinking last night. The alcohol. "But, she had been drinking last night. Would that affect our baby?" I frown at the thought that something could be wrong with our baby.

"We did trace some alcohol in her urine. But her blood alcohol concentration test was clear. But, the fetus metabolized alcohol at a much slower rate. So, let's make sure that was the last time she drinks during this pregnancy." She gives me a serious look.

"I'll follow up with her later for the ultrasound." And, she walks out.

I sit in silence for a while, trying to absorb all this information.

"Can you go back to the penthouse and get some of her stuff? You know, clothes and some other stuff that she might need when she is awake." I told Sebastian who was still standing silently in one corner of the room.

Sebastian nodded and walked out.

I kiss Ella's forehead and smile. We are going to be parents.

I wanted this. But, after last night. I think we need to set up a line . That McLaren guy is definitely out of the line. He was a bad influence for her.