Chapter 7: To Catch a Faen

Summary:

NuNew is trying to keep busy doing everything he does to keep his business running. He is trying to put aside all the hurt and focus on other things. Nat is heartbroken. Men in their life know each other. It is so confusing.
NuNew's family asked him to fill in for a family member who could not make the show. NuNew is off to Shanghai

Zee learns more about his faen and sets social media on a self-destruct with his confession of love on all of Nu's social media. He doesn't care. Love is worth all he will have to go through to bring his Nu home where he belongs—even fighting a mob of mad royals, nothing will stop it except maybe NuNew himself.

                                                 NuNew

NuNew was exhausted, but they had completed the whole checklist that Andrea had sent over. A record for them to get it all done so quickly. They had worked on the other content she requested in the past few weeks. He needed to load four data packages to the server through the FTP.

After creating a quick email listing all the content he was sending, he dialed Andrea. Nat peeked into the office and pointed upstairs, and NuNew nodded, knowing that Nat was going to their favorite place in the house when they needed emotional support.

The family room had giant recliners, almost like beds, that became their room. They quickly named it "the therapy room." Those recliners had hugged his Nat more than once when life seemed to kick him when he was down or when NuNew would feel overwhelmed, and Nat was there to support him in whatever he needed or wanted to do. They were best friends and will always be.

When NuNew shared the story of his family and who he was, it felt more like fiction than real life. The story was so surreal that NuNew and Nat had gone through three tubs of Häagen-Dazs after NuNew showed him how he gave bright, life, and light.

His Nat was never afraid to embrace him for who he was. His life made so much more sense after that night. But here they were again, both needing each other for emotional support.

Andrea finally answered after calling her twice, "Hey, NuNew, I am glad you called. I have so much we need to go over. I know you are headed to Shanghai tomorrow. Xīyáng Qi said he would send the charter plane. No need for a commercial flight. The song she chose is from a list of things you did in past shows. You already know the wire-fu or dances for the songs. Aya will add, "Now or Never, Like I'm Gonna Lose You." She said if you have any changes, send them to her ASAP."

"Those are great choices, and I am sure she will have me sing Watch Me Rise like she always does. Let her know the song choice is fine."

"On it, boss."

"Andrea, I hope you are ready. The data dump is enormous. It covers all the content you requested. We have been working on it and finished the studio work today. It should be enough for three months, but if anything is missing, I can get it done quickly now that we are ahead. Thank you for your hard work. I will have my assistant take the package of autographed pictures and mail them to you. I know you want a stamp, but my fans deserve the personal touch. I need to run. If you need anything, message me. Nat is here, and it's an ice cream event," NuNew hoped she would understand what he was implying.

"That is fine, NuNew, but I did get a strange call from someone today, but it can wait until next week after the OST. I will start going through the content and see if I can find something to release today. I love my boys! Talk to you soon."

He knew that Andrea was chomping at the bit to get into the content. NuNew looked across his desk at his picture of Hia, sighed, and flipped the picture frame face down. He turned off the lights and headed up to Nat.