𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑 - 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏 𝑨𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆

The overwhelming ray of sunlight hit the young man's face as the melodies of the chirping birds gradually became louder and clearer. Wei Wuxian defiantly woke up from his slumber and forced himself to open his extremely exhausted eyes. An expression of clear discomfort appeared on his face, and he groaned at how his body was still aching from the previous day. Sleeping on the ground did not really make the situation any better.

After somehow managing to lean up and move into a more agreeable sitting position, the harsh realization of his current circumstances hit him. Wei Wuxian slowly turned his head to the right in the hopes of not finding the strange-looking city from the previous night, but unfortunately, it remained.

"So I guess it's not a dream huh..."

He audibly groaned before rubbing his head, clearly disappointed at how he cannot escape this inexplicable situation. He then gathered all of his energy and clumsily got up before placing his hand against the familiar trunk for support. His mind tried to process the sight afresh- although he had gotten pretty used to it the previous night before an extreme wave of exhaustion took over him. He remembers how his mind could not distinguish between dreams and real life, and how he became dizzy. Now that his mind was pretty much well-rested though, there is no way he could label this as a dream. Even if there is no philosophical justification to differentiate between a state of dream and real life in the first place- he just knew it.

Wei Wuxian could not keep track of how many questions were invading his head, making his bafflement grow wilder. What happened? Why was he here? What was this place? And why him?

He was well aware of how there were more questions than answers. One thing is certain though; all of this happened for a reason. Whatever it is, it is still unknown. After a few more moments of hesitation, Wei Wuxian finally came to the conclusion that just standing there was not going to help him any further. He needed to explore this unfamiliar world with his own eyes. Maybe the answers he was looking for would eventually be found.

After letting go of the trunk he had been holding onto, the young man continued his path from there on forward

After letting go of the trunk he had been holding onto, the young man continued his path from there on forward. He kept on walking down the small hill, carefully holding onto the trees to avoid rolling down the rest of his way. Fortunately, his body was in slightly better shape in comparison to last night- which made his theory of having indeed fallen down the cliff even less believable.

It did not take him long until he reached a quite large and wide street, noticing the weird white lines and yellow arrows drawn on the ground. How convenient. They even had indicating signs on the floor. He then spotted a sign pole and slowly walked up to it, his eyes focusing on the weird diagram. "Is this some kind of talisman?..." 

He mumbled to himself as his brow quirked up in confusion. With no one to satisfy his curiosity,  he simply shrugged it off and looked ahead. That's when he spotted the entrance to the enormous city from afar and decided to follow the road in that direction. Was he walking into a dangerous trap? Probably, who knows? However, he was not going to waste time with unanswered questions. He had technically already 'died' once, so what was there more to risk?