𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒 - 𝑰𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒄𝒊𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔

He began panicking as he turned and looked around, his mind getting dizzy with the flashes blinding his sight. In reality, the real thing affecting him was the intense confusion eating him from the inside. Of course, he could not understand that these people were not a threat and that they were simply taking pictures of someone they probably mistook for a cosplayer or someone shooting a wuxia-related video somewhere. After all, it is not every day that you see someone dressed like this casually strolling through the streets as if it's their daily outfit.

Wei Wuxian's eyes slightly widened as he spotted an easy exit out of that small crowd and did not hesitate before dashing away from the few people who were admiring his 'costume', a smile of accomplishment appearing on his face as he ran through the busy street. He kept on sprinting, trying not to bump into the people whose attention he was attracting anyway due to his own presence. Just like in his world, Wei Wuxian always managed to be the center of attention somehow.

He looked back as he realized that the people from before were not following him, as if they would bother to do so in the first place, and smirked enthusiastically. "Haha! Serves you righ-"he cut his sentence off when he suddenly bumped into two men and fell backward on his behind. That would be his second fall in less than two hours.

"Aia...That hurt..." Wei Wuxian groaned and hissed in pain. He then immediately fell silent when he remembered to look up, and just as expected, the two men were frowning at him. Both of them were wearing the same light blue shirt, dark blue tie, and black trousers. Let's not forget about the weird patch hanging on their chest- or how Wei Wuxian mentally described it, an unusual talisman

Are they disciples from a clan?

Wei Wuxian thought as he gazed at them, slightly gulping at the possibility of having messed with some powerful or evil clan. No matter how much he is accustomed to stirring trouble, attracting this kind of unwanted attention in an unfamiliar world may not be the brightest idea. 

Wei Wuxian's lips slowly turned into a nervous smile. 

The next thing he knew, he was sitting on an uncomfortable chair in front of a tall table. His eyes curiously glanced around the bizarre-looking room and wandered from desk to desk, noticing how a few people were reciprocating the same inquisitive look. In front of him, on the other side of the desk, a man was staring at an unusual shiny object while repeatedly pressing his fingers against small squares at an fast speed. The sound of the typing only made the silent atmosphere between both even more awkward. Wei Wuxian discreetly leaned forward in curiosity, trying to look at whatever that large rectangular box was, but quickly stirred back again once the man suddenly looked up at him with an impatient expression.

"Your Name?"

"Uh...Wei Ying...Courtesy Name Wei Wuxian."

The man's brow slightly raised in confusion at the second information, but simply shrugged it off- and the sound of the typing provoked silence once again.

"Birth date?"

"31 October"

"And the year?"

"21 years old"

"I meant the year, not your age-" the man said as he looked away from the screen but then let out a sigh.

"Oh forget it. What about family?" He asked, his eyes focusing back on the magical item.

"My parents are dead. I'm a disciple- a former disciple of Yunmeng Jiang Clan."

Wei Wuxian said as his lips forced a weak smile, his head dwelling on what seemed to have occurred an eternity ago. Who knows, maybe that was truly the case.