Chapter Twenty-Two - Just a Caregiver

Start from the beginning

He pulls a shirt from his bag and looks down at my shaking arms.

"The blood won't come off," I say and move my arms a little further away before the white cotton can come into contact.

"I- I- don't give a fuck," He stutters a bit, probably getting flashbacks from last time, as he wraps the fabric around my arm. His arms tremble over mine, and when he notices, he says, "I hate blood."

"You don't have to stay."

"I'm not leaving you alone, even if you ask."

"Why?" The question rolls out without me giving a second thought to it.

And by the look on Iwaizumi's face, it seems to be the stupidest thing to come out of my mouth.

His eyebrows come together as he looks up to meet my eyes, "Because you will keep harming yourself if no one is here to look over you."

My lips open, but no words come out. I mean, I don't know what to say. Iwaizumi just keeps surprising me.

He is cleaning up what he didn't break. After all, his isn't a burden for him to carry.

"I'll be okay, I swear," I finally say. It's not true but Iwaizumi shouldn't be here with me. It's already late and he has other things to worry about, a family to go to.

"I'm taking you to a clinic," He shakes his head, "You need to get this checked."

"It's not-"

"I said I'm taking you," His words come out harsher, more desperate, "Sorry," He quickly apologizes when he notices my surprise. Not that I've never been screamed at, I've been told worse shit, but I just...

I just don't seem to understand why he keeps pushing it.

"I can't go to the hospital," I finally say, "My mom's there and if she sees me," My eyes automatically roll without even thinking about it, "She'll throw a fit, worse, if you take me she'll..."

"Huh?"

"I don't know, my parents don't really like you."

Lie.

There's an awkward silence before I'm the one that breaks it.

"I'll ask Kentaro to help me," I stand up.

"Kentaro is currently looking for that bastard, I think he'll be busy the whole night."

A smile appears on my lips at the thought of it which intoxicates Iwaizumi. I know it's wrong to wish these sorts of things but I hope Yuji hurts as much as I am.

"Jesus Christ, Y/N!" Someone calls out my name.

Both of us look up at the same time, startled by the voice.

"I didn't know you were here!" They step out of the shadows. Their hands over their mouth when they see the blood drenching the cloth.

Cami.

"Hey," I shamefully greet her. This isn't the image I want her to remember me with.

"You are bleeding... a lot," She tries to look anywhere but at the wound, "Damn you and your brother." She whispers under her breath. I mean sure, damn my brother, but why?

"Come on," She turns around to face where she just came from, the volleyball gym, "Let me clean that for you."

"Can you walk?" Iwaizumi asks.

"I hurt my arm," I begin to stand up, "Not my leg." I chuckle a little at his concern, it's cute.

"Be careful."